cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hybrid1
Stagehand

BTS REFUND

*EDIT (8/22/21):

Thank you to those who commented with updates/success stories about how you called and finally spoke to a rep, it encouraged me to do the same. So after 2 hrs and 15 mins of waiting to speak to a Stubhub rep, i finally spoke to someone and asked to have my $ refunded, instead of the Stubhub credit, and they honored my request with no issue, and said it would take 30 days to receive the refund. The rep said an automatic refund confirmation email is not generated, so you have to ask them to manually send you an email, if you want confirmation of your converstation/refund. So basically Stubhub will make you jump through a few hoops of anxiety/long wait times on phone, in order to request a refund. They aren't going to spoonfeed it to you. Good luck to everyone with receiving these refunds, and let's hope they will actually appear in 30 days.*

According to Stubhub's "Covid-19 Impacted Event Policy" all customers who purchased tickets prior to March 25th 2020, have the option to receive a 120% Stubhub credit, OR a cash refund. I qualify for this cash refund as I purchased my ticket for the BTS tour in February of 2020. Now that the tour has been officially cancelled as of two days ago, i received this email from Stubhub today: 

"Hello *******, We are sorry to inform you that BTS Tickets, originally scheduled to take place on 06/06/2020, has been deemed canceled. As compensation, we are providing you a credit worth 120% of the total amount you paid for the impacted event. For your convenience, we have already added your credit to your StubHub account. The credit can be used for one or multiple StubHub orders in the same currency and is valid until December 31, 2022. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, please visit the StubHub Help Center."

So, what Stubhub did was dictate to me that i received the 120% Stubhub credit. NOWHERE in the email does it say ANYTHING about the OPTION FOR A CASH REFUND, as stated in their COVID refund policy currently on their website (link below.) 

https://support.stubhub.com/en/support/solutions/articles/61000276296-covid-19-impacted-events-updat...

21 REPLIES 21
syoo
Stagehand

Re: REFUND OUR MONEY! BTS REFUND

Same here. No option provided. I want Stubhub to refund my money.
syoo
Stagehand

I was on hold for more than 3 hrs.  I finally got through to a rep. and she initiated a cash refund per my request.  I also got a confirmation email from her.  Once the rep. initiates the refund, I think the account status also chages.  It now says "Refund in Progress."  So if you made a request, check your account status even if you don't get a confirmation email.  If you don't see any changes, call them again to make sure.  I will post again when I get the refund on my c/c.  Good luck everyone!

Lyssvisciouss
Stagehand

Waited on hold a second time… finally got through after almost 3 hours. They said the refund would take 30 days and I’d get a confirmation email. Also told me that the reason I was locked out of my account was due to me opening a dispute with my bank, so if anyone else has done that… cancel the dispute and request stub hub to have the payments department call back to get you access to your account again. This was so so frustrating but the lady on the phone was so sweet so remember to be nice to customer service people. It’s not their fault. I hope this refund actually makes it way to everyone who needs it.
Tnx18
Stagehand

Was on hold for 2 hours... They hung up the phone call without ever getting to a rep. 

BTSarmy
Stagehand

Is there an email that Stubhub will answer to?  I'm calling them right now but I see someone else didn't have any luck with calling them.  I'm so **bleep** that they gave us credit refunds when we qualify for cash refunds, or at least the option to get a cash refund.  I understand they're short-staffed, but I need answers, and I need my money back.

Tnx18
Stagehand

They no longer respond to emails. You will get an email stating that "this email inbox is not monitored"

It was their customersupport@stubhub email 

THEY ARE MAKING IT DIFFICULT FOR US TO GET REFUNDS ON PURPOSE. 

BTSarmy
Stagehand

Great....honestly this sucks.  I reached out to them on Twitter.  I doubt they'll answer me but hopefully they will resolve this situation soon.

Tnx18
Stagehand

After 3 hours waiting I got through to someone! They said they will refund but I havent received the email confirmation that I asked for T__T

KTKAT720
Rookie

I’ve sent multiple messages on Twitter. First they sent an auto reply stating I had to wait until the event was 48 hours away. Then they sent one saying 24 hours away. I want a refund for my tickets and have zero input on how to get it. I’ve called and waited also. This is absolute bull**bleep**.