cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact and Refunds

My understanding of StubHub's policy is that if an event is cancelled and the venue issues refunds, StubHub will also issue ticket refunds.  My question is related to venues that have adopted a policy to issue refunds for ticket holder who have decided not to travel due to coronavirus concerns- even the event is not cancelled.  Has StubHub adopted a policy to cover coronavirus concerns?  If the venue is issuing refunds (even if event not cancelled), will StubHub also refund ticketholders who do not travel to events due to health concerns?

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Coronavirus impact and refunds

Hey @Peacefulvoice! We understand that there have been many health concerns going around & are monitoring things very closely. If an event is ultimately canceled & not rescheduled to another date all transactions on our platform would be reversed & buyers would receive refunds for the tickets that they can no longer use. If the event is held on a new date & the original tickets are honored, sales on StubHub would stand and we encourage our buyers to attend the new date. If something comes up, no worries! We would be happy to aid in the relisting process so that your tickets have the chance at heading to a new home. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Are we going to be charged more fees to resell? I bought concert tickets to a postponed event, and the fees totaled $160. If the event is rescheduled and I can't attend, StubHub will have made double fees off these tickets because of the health situation. That all but gaurantees that anyone trying to resell will not get anywhere close to their money back. I hope StubHub isn't planning to profit off postponements in this way.

Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Absolutely not, @charsellstix! We are happy to waive your selling fees if you wish to use our platform to aid in the reselling of your tickets. Just send a community moderator a private message with your email address & zip/postal so that we can get that fee waiver applied for you. 

Highlighted
Team Mascot
Answered! Go to solution

I have been going to concerts for years and have had a few postponed....NEVER have i been forced to keep postponed tickets...I cannot attend the new Billy Joel date in October and now I am stuck with 4 tickets (my only recourse is to sell? I bet there are more fees for doing so and there is no guarantee they will sell) StubHub do the right thing and give refunds if people cannot or choose not to go to rescheduled date - this is ridiculous and I will never use StubHub again as a result.

Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

@wcoryell So sorry to hear you can't attend the show! While we can't guarantee that they will sell, we certainly don't want you to have to pay additional fees for listing the tickets. I'll send you a private message right now and we can go over the details together. 

Highlighted
Team Mascot
Answered! Go to solution

What if we know our event is impacted and it’s not been formally canceled, and we just want a full refund, not a credit. How can we get a refund?
Highlighted
Quarterback
Answered! Go to solution

Hi Cherry

When your event is cancelled (it sound like that will happen shortly) you will be given a choice of a credit of 120% of your purchase or a full refund.  Sounds like you will be choosing refund.  However you will have to wait for the eent to be officially cancelled and for Stubhub to contact you.  Given the sheer number of events that have to be confirmed and then processed this may take a little while after  your event is officially cancelled.

Just keep in mind if the event ends up being rescheduled then your tickets are good for the new date and you can either attend or sell your tickets but oyu would not be eligible for a refund.

Highlighted
Zamboni Driver
Answered! Go to solution

Hello! 

A few quesitons in regards to postponed events. 

Is it our job as the seller to notify stubhub that an event has been cancelled or postponed? Can we trust that stubhub is notifying the buyers of cancelled and postponed events? I would hate it if the person showed up to a cancelled events. 

I sold 2 tickets to Ali Gatie for April 2nd, and it has been postponed. Can you please confirm that the buyer has been notified? 

Thanks so much, 

Bozana

Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Hi, @bozana! Thanks for sending this our way. We do not require our sellers to notify us of event changes, however, you are likely to see that something has moved before we do! We have an events Team that monitors for event changes but, they aren't able to catch everything. Especially due to the number of event changes that have taken place recently. 

Once we have confirmed the event change, it is our job to notify both parties of the transaction. We would never want the buyer to head to a canceled show either! 

We just checked the Commonwealth Bar & Stage website as well as Ali Gatie's website but, cannot find any hint of a date change. Did he post something that we haven't seen? 

https://commonwealthbar.ca/project/ali-gatie/ & https://www.aligatie.com/