cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Waterboy
Answered! Go to solution

Coronavirus: NBA tickets refund

I would like to know how I can get a refund on my tickets for a game on March 23rd in New York. I have not been contacted about this yet, and the cancellation of the event has already been confirmed. Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Quarterback
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Coronavirus: NBA tickets refund

Hi

So the NBA has announced that they has suspended the season but has not indicated if they plan to cancel the games or reschedule them.  Once they determine what they are doing with the rest of their season Stubhub will reach out to you.

If it turns out that the games are cancelled you will receive a refund.  If the games are rescheduled than your tickets will be good for the new date and you can either attend the game or resell the tickets.

It may still take some time for the NBA to decide what the final outcome is.  It is tough to do but just stay patient and Stubhub will be back to you

Highlighted
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

What about this scenario....
Tickets purchased for an event in April. Season currently suspended (and "best case scenario" for season to resume is mid to late June according to Commissioner Adam Silver via article on ESPN).
So - my question is this....
If I have tickets to something that is suspended (meaning cannot attend as there is no event happening) what happens then? I should get a refund, correct?
It shouldn't take weeks upon weeks for a refund IMO - but realistically I'm not expecting it to happen in 2 weeks or less.
Highlighted
Answered! Go to solution

Depending on what the primary determines, our normal postponed & canceled event policies will take effect! Please see below -
Postponed- http://stubhub.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/85/categoryRecordID/RN_CATEGORY_424/categor...
Canceled- http://stubhub.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/87/categoryRecordID/RN_CATEGORY_424/categor...

Highlighted
New User
Answered! Go to solution

I think it terrible they are not making a decision and have not refunded our money. People need their money now more than ever. These tickets were purchased for my sons spring break. We live in NJ and to travel to Toronto is not something we can just pick up and do on a whim when the NBA decides to play, if they decide to do. I am a nurse and my husband a grocery store manager both who are putting in tremendous hours and hard work and to not be able to get our money back is disgusting. If late on we decide we can go to Toronto then we could purchase tickets then. But in the coming months it would be impossible. Very disappointing
Highlighted
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

I agree. We chose a date based on team, location, and day of week. Ours is for New Orleans on 4/11. After recent Mardi Gras events and festivities, New Orleans is now a major epicenter for coronavirus in Louisiana.
"Sit back and wait" is extremely hard. *IF* it's rescheduled theres NO guarantee that 1) we can take time off to attend and 2) we would even WANT togo on new date given the amount of spread in that area occurring now.
I know policies are in place for events canceled or rescheduled but NOBODY has EVER dealt with a situation of this magnitude before. If we can't or won't attend and it's rescheduled our only other option is resell (and lose money IF they even sell in the first place). Therefore new policies should be written for dealing with coronavirus-impacted events AND customers.
The way companies handle this situation will be remembered by customers for a while to come.
Highlighted
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

Same here. I live in Quebec City and was gpoing to see a Rapts game at same time as the comicon. I'll never go this year. Like many, we want refunds, not resales......