cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New User

Customer Feedback re wheelchair ticket purchase

I am leaving this comment for stubhub users and stubhub ownership. So we purchased tickets for "Dear Evan Hansen" and did not see the notice in our email (and on the eticket) until after the purchase. It seemed odd but we didn't think anything of it. When we arrived at the theatre, we were refused entry unless we paid the difference between the ticket face value and and the discounted price for the ticket being "wheelchair accessible" -$80 in this case. In hindsight, it was easy to see this notice, but at the time it was not, so much so, that the couple next to me that purchased the other two "wheelchair accessible" tickets had the same thing happen to them. Even the theatre ticket taker, who had seen this before, said we'd been scammed. I know we weren't tecnically scammed, but all of us missed the notice and were obviously shocked that we needed to pay even more $$ to gain entry to the theatre.

I called stubhub customer service and two things happened. The first person I spoke to in so many words said... "you knew what you bought and tough luck". So then I spoke to a supervisor, who at least understood what happened, but then basically said, sorry, this was a valid transaction. Tough luck.

I thought my situation was an easy case for customer service to refund the extra $80 I had to pay to gain entrance to the theatre. I was shocked that it was actually an easy case for stubhub to say, tough luck, see ya.

For these reasons, I will no longer be a stubhub customer. For a company that takes as much as 40% of every transaction, I expected so much more.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Stubber

Re: Customer Feedback re wheelchair ticket purchase

Hello! Listings should be disclosed properly and be clear if there are any special requirements along with them (such as ADA/Wheelchair). We'd love to get more of your feedback on this and see what we can do to improve. But, also are happy to research this more and see what we can help on. I'll be sending you a private message about this so let's continue there. 

Highlighted
Rookie

Hi there, I've just been affected by the same thing. I bought tickets recently for an upcoming spring training baseball game and only now noticed in the disclosures "Wheelchair only - non wheelchair users may be refused entry". I think that Wheelchair only seats should be much more prominently warned about than just being in the disclosures as a footnote, perhaps it should be a special designation of ticket type or have a warning dialogue or some other much more noticeable means of ensuring the customer doesn't inadvertently purchase Wheelchair only seats. I've just listed the tickets for resale and am going to buy other tickets instead but also feel like a jerk reselling these knowing that this same mistake is just as likely to happen to someone else, but of course would feel like more of a jerk actually using a Wheelchair seat when someone in actual need could and should make use of them.

Highlighted

We certainly appreciate you reaching out to share your feedback on this. We're always looking for ways we can improve the site and provide a better experience for both buyers & sellers. 

Highlighted
Waterboy

Same thing just happened to me for Orioles Spring Training tickets.  Given that it's happened more than once, it certainly appears to be a scam to me.  I am highly disappointed in stubhub and they've lost all future business from me!

Highlighted

We certainly appreciate you reaching out on this and sharing your feedback as well. We do take these posts seriously and we will always use this feedback to better the site and overall fan experience. If you have any further concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to any one of our moderators. We're always happy to help.