cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
AdamH
New User

Fees

Can anyone explain why Stubhub won’t give an exact breakdown of their ticket purchasing fees, along with a justification for them. I have asked contacted them about this but have only been given a generic, bs, reply. When I pushed to get an answer to my question I wasn’t given a reply.
3 Comments
Moderator Moderator

Re: Fees

Thanks so much for reaching out on this! I'm certainly happy to explain. The fees on any purchase are there for a few different reasons, with our main focus being to provide a positive buying experience. We use the fees to ensure the site is up and running at all times. They also go toward our customer service staff to ensure that we're here if you have any questions or need any assistance. Last and most important, they're there to ensure we can provide our FanProtect Guarantee https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp which means that you'll get your tickets on time and they will be 100% valid for the event or we'll get you replacements or a full refund. The fees do vary depending on the event, price, and delivery method, but ultimately they are there for the reasons listed above. 

AdamH
New User

Dear Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I still don’t understand why the exact breakdown of the fees can be provided at the time of purchase and that the total price, including fees, be displayed when advertising the ticket.

Along with this, I also see no reason why Stubhub can’t provide a “formula” for how ticket fees are calculated, using the variables you mention. Otherwise these fees seem more or less arbitrary.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Because it varies so much per event and by fulfilment, it's not something that's easily determined, so there wouldn't be a way for us to provide the details up front. Which in turn is why the price + fees aren't always accurate to the cent at checkout.