Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Highlighted
timlyden
Coach

Price Alerts

How have people found the Price Alerts to work? Are the alerts pretty instant from when your price threshold is met? I know I did it several years back and it seeemed like I never got an alert even though the prices I was looking for were available, but was hoping it has gotten better. Can these alerts be sent over additional forms rather than just email?

14 Comments

Re: Price Alerts

I have never personally used alerts, however I have heard others use them and they worked well for them. I was thinking about using them the other day when buying baseball tickets, but I wanted the alert for a specific set of tickets, which didnt seem to be an option--that was disappointing.

timlyden
Coach

Good to know- I am trying them for the first time for the Caps game tomorrow, but I am wary because I do think that the price will drop to my price, but I also know that the tickets will sell quickly so hoping for the alert to be somewhat quick

Thats what the individual I spoke with before said--you have to be quick once you get the alert! Good luck, maybe let us know your experience with this.

Hello @timlyden
From my personal experience and observation it seems like the alerts don't go off unless multiple listings hit the criteria i.e. if you have a $100 alert set there can be a $100 pair setting out there for hours/days and you won't get the alert until there's like three pairs out there for $100
The alerts come through push notification on the app now which is a little nicer, but still doesn't push until after multiple listings meet your criteria.

I want to put in a request to the team to add a way to do a price alert across multiple events. Like for instance, if I want Bruce Springsteen under $500 I would have to do a P.A. for each show which is very time consuming, if there was a multiple option say maybe across his whole run that would be great, to have the ability to click off as many events as you want to do a P.A. for. Any thoughts @CameronJ @AllyD @KattW 

timlyden
Coach

I did get an alert, but I got an immediate alert that the price was no longer available...

Moderator Moderator

Hey everyone! All of this is great feedback for our Mobile App team with Price Alerts. We'll be sure to share it with them. 

Thanks for sharing!

zsanders
New User

Can't emphasize enough how useful this would be. I'm in the same boat for the same show: I'll see Springsteen on Broadway any night of the week - I work around the corner from the theater - but I don't have $1000+ to spend, even on Bruce. Oh how I wish I could create an alert for the entire remainder of the run so that I can just pick up and go when the price is right.

Wouldn't mind the same thing for Hamilton. I have a feeling there are many who live/work in the NYC area who would LOVE this feature.

Sococola13
New User

Price alert

I’m looking cannot see any option for price alert on the page. I am looking at the seat map for purchasing tickets but there is no drop down under event title up top. The event is Third Eye Blind at Holmdel NJ July 13