cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sodapup
New User

Refund for cancelled even instead of credit

I bought tickets in November 2019 to an event that was originally postponed and then finally cancelled this week. I promptly recieved a stubhub credit with no option to request a refund. I have tried calling support and have been waiting for a call back for 4.5 hours now. I have read about long wait times to reach customer service and far longer wait times to finally recieve a refund (120+ days?? It's odd that they can instantaneously process a payment and issue a credit but it takes 4 months to issue a refund...). Has anyone in Canada managed to actually get a refund, and if so how did you go about it?

4 REPLIES 4
awkc63
New User

Re: Refund for cancelled even instead of credit

Im in a similar situation. I was told they send me a refund, but nope. My bank confirms this.

sodapup
New User

Finally got a call back from customer service and they were very helpful. They are going to refund and told me it would take 60 days- for those in the same situation I'd recommend calling shortly before the phone lines open and choosing the option for a call back. the call back took 5.5 hours but it did come and it did resolve my issue.

LalaJ
Stagehand

Same boat...good to know I (might) not be waiting in vain...glad I'm on Eastern and they're on Pacific time! I went back to look for an opt-out of credits email or even a notification about this policy, and there absolutely was not one. 

daleswerdfeger
Waterboy

Dont feel bad they stuck it to me to