cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stagehand

Refund for event postponed indefinitely due to Covid-19, with no rescheduled date!

Why can't we get a Refund for event postponed indefinitely with no rescheduled date?

I planned a Europe trip 6 months ago, including a soccer match in London.

Trip cancelled; impossible to reschedule, even if match is eventually played?

Please refund my money. Original Seller can resell to someone who can attend.

I took a big financial risk using Stubhub; maybe never again?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Refund for event postponed indefinitely due to Covid-19, with no rescheduled date!

@Kd3 I'm very sorry for the frustrations. I understand a lot of people have been affected due to the virus. I'm happy to explain why we aren't able to refund postponed events. Since we are a secondary marketplace where fans buy and sell tickets from one another, you purchased these tickets from another fan like yourself. Because the event was postponed and not canceled this event is still going to take place and we're unable to issue refunds as your tickets are valid. We must pay your seller for fulfilling the order. Once the primary releases the new date, you are able to list your tickets to try to make your money back. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me, or any other moderators a private message! 

Highlighted
New User

Re: Refund for event postponed indefinitely due to Covid-19, with no rescheduled date!

The venue has to give a new date in a set period of time, no?  My event for Sunday night got "postponed", can Stub Hub just hold my money indefintely?  What if the venue explicity states, like mine does, that you can get a full refund for a postponed show?

This was my first purchase with Stubhub and now instantly regret it.

Highlighted

I'm very sorry you feel that way! @Zimmy68 We wouldn't hold your money indefinitely and the event wouldn't be postponed indefinitely. Soon we should have an update soon and know if the event will be postponed or canceled.

Highlighted

We all deserve our money back period! This COVID-19 has and will cause major economic issues. If we do not get our money back, I am certain legal actions will take place. That money is being held by STUBHUB indefefinetley and that is not part of the deal or rules. None of this was expected and that is our money. 

Highlighted
Zamboni Driver

Hi Rose, 

Stubhub isn't holding any money, more than likely they have already deposited the money into the sellers account. I've bought and sold tickets on here a few times. If the event gets cancelled you will get all your money back 100%!!! If postponed, the tickets belong to you and you will have to resell them. Goodluck Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Stagehand

Maria, thanks for your response.

But this policy needs to be revised given the current pandemic.

Buyers who paid a premium price need their money for more important things now. 

Sellers can resell if/when these events actually take place.

If you don't support Buyers during this crisis, we won't come back!

Highlighted

@Kd3 I certainly understand where you're coming from. I apologize that this isn't the resolution you had hoped for. I appreciate your providing your honest feedback as we're always striving to do better. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate team. If you have any other questions please feel free to me a private message.  

Highlighted
Rookie

I have the same situation, 

I ordered to send the bought ticket to a AirBnb address, obviously the flight was cancel, the game is postponed and my fear is the ticket will sent in the coming days to an address where I will not be able to be. How am I supposed to resell the ticket?  

Highlighted

We are very sorry for any trouble that this is causing, @Charles_Red. If your event has been postponed, we are more than happy to see if we can route your tickets to an address that you will be at rather than the original location that you hoped to be in when you arrived in the country. We will send you a private message now so we can grab your account info.