cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmr2617
Stagehand

Refund to Closed Bank Account

I live in a state that requires a refund instead of credit. The current status is “refund in progress”, but I’m still several months from the 120-day mark. The bank account I used to purchase tickets has been closed and I’ve gotten several different answers on whether or not I am able to change the refund method. Anyone here have any experience with this?
5 REPLIES 5
Melpik
Rock Star

Re: Refund to Closed Bank Account

Hi CMR

If the bank account is closed, the payment would be returned back to Stubhub for reprocessing. At that point, you may enter in a different bank account or you can set to be paid via PayPal. If the payment hasn't processed yet, Stubhub should be able to make the switch to the correct account. You can send a private message to one of the moderators - AllyD, NikkiM or KAttW and they should be able to assist you.

cmr2617
Stagehand

Any chance the process works differently because it's a refund and not a payment?  I was told by StubHub Customer Service that I would have to contact my old bank to get the payment; my old bank said they would reject it if the account wasn't valid.  I don't particularly want it to be chillin' in limbo and since it's already taking 120 days to get the refund, I don't really want to wait another undetermined amount of weeks to get my money back.  It's already kind of a pain in the ass that I have to keep tabs on it for so long. 

TeamStubHub

Hey there, @cmr2617! It does sound like @Melpik is referring to Sales Payments vs Refunds. Unfortunately, we're not able to change the payment method on file for refunds. Contacting your bank once the refund processes is going to be to appropriate course of action. 

cmr2617
Stagehand

My old bank has already said the refund would be rejected. What would be the next step then?
TeamStubHub

It depends but even in cases where the bank initially rejects the refund, they will generally accept it the second time we put it through. We'll need to wait until the refund processes to see what happens.