cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New User

Scammed

I think we may have just been scammed. Called for a refund on some very expensive Harry Styles tickets. The customer service rep told my husband to buy these gift cards to get our money back. Now I’m seeing people post about the same thing. I had to borrow money to get these tickets in the first place. Now I’m out $800. Please help. Someone please tell me this is normal.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Stubber

Re: Scammed

Hi, @Sarahmsachs

I'm truly sorry for any issues. If an order ever needed to be refunded, we would never ask for you to go ahead and purchase gift cards as we have all of your payment info safely and securely within our systems. It is a process that if a purchase is eligible to be refunded can be done so without ever asking for any personal information. I'm sorry but there isn't anything we can do if the card numbers were already provided and you will need to contact the gift card issuer to see if there is anything they can do to help.

We are happy to take some information and report it further to our Trust & Safety team to see how they can have this stopped in the future. Please send and of our moderators a private message using the link below with your email address and zip/postal code. 

Thank you! 

https://stubhub.community/t5/notes/composepage

Highlighted
Team Mascot

Do you work for Stub Hub? I was told the same thing today when I called Stub Hub. When I told the man this does not sound right I would like to speak to a supervisor he told me no and hung up. When I called Stub Hub phone number again it was the same guy who told me" I already told you you are not speaking to a supervisor" What is going on? And why are we being told this??

Highlighted
Team Mascot

I was told the same thing today. When I told him it did not sound right and wanted to speak to a supervisor he told me no and hung up. Something is definately not right with all of this and soemone is lying!

Highlighted

@Sarahmsachs That is never how the refund process should be handled and we're sorry to hear of the trouble with that. If you're looking for a refund or have questions you can call our agents at 866-788-2482 or you can send a private message to any of our moderators here. We're always happy to help.