cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New User

Seat numbers for the show I want to go to are really important relating to the section I want.

I have pruchased thousands of $ of tickets on Stubhub. I would like to know if there is a way to ask a seller for the seat numbers for a show I will definitely buy tickets for. If my "rating and activity is stellar, is this possible? Show isn't until almost Thanksgiving, and I would think the seller would be happy selling the tickets this quick. Can Stubhub send an email?

5 REPLIES 5
Stubber

Re: Seat numbers for the show I want to go to are really important relating to the section I want.

Hello, and thanks for reaching out!  Our apologies, we wouldn't be able to reach out to a seller to ask them their seat numbers.  We don't require a seller to enter seat information, just as long as they guarantee that they come together.  Every purchase is covered by our FanProtect Guarantee, though.  If your seller does not deliver the correct tickets by the time promised, or they are not seated together, we will do our very best to replace the order with comparable tickets, or you're entitled to a refund! 

Goalie

Re: Seat numbers for the show I want to go to are really important relating to the section I want.

That's not entirely true. I've had customer service reps call me before on numerous times to ask me what the seat numbers were for a particular section because I would assume the potential buyer wanted to know. I'm more than happy to provide that info to StubHub if it increases the likelihood the tickets sell. I would suggest you call customer service, explain your situation and see if they can reach out to the seller. Then, it's up to the seller whether or not they want to provide this information.

New User

Would have been nice for the Stubhub CSR to let me know that when I was on the phone with them. The same exact thing I was afraid of happening did indeed happen, and within 10 minutes of receiving the wrong tickets, I was on the phone with them. The guy I spoke with at Stubhub wouldn't even entertain any possible solution to the problem. All he could keep saying was "You can list the tickets on Stubhub ands try to sell them". That's awesome, ......so Stubhub can profit twice from the same pair of tickets.

More to come.

Conductor

I have also had CSR call me about seat information, wanting to know exactly where the seats were, in my opinion this is more likely leading to a sale so I will very easily give that information up. The biggest reason for hiding my seats is to prevent the avg. venue from potentially checking to see which tickets are up for resale.

While this has been something we have done in the past, we are moving away from it as it actually has the tendency to create more friction on sales.  Sellers are not always able to disclose the seats nor do they always know exactly which seats they will fulfill the order with.  We've had situations where a seller has stated they will have specific seats when contacted and later fulfilled with different seats. 

We are always working on ways to make the user experience the best it can be for both buyers and sellers and appreciate the feedback on this!