cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Umpire

Soundcheck associated with the ticket

If a ticket has a soundcheck pass included with it, how do we contact the buyer to also receive the soundcheck pass?

9 REPLIES 9
Stubber

Re: Soundcheck associated with the ticket

Hello @shilabui, thanks for reaching out!  Sorry for the confusion.  Are you looking to send a buyer the soundcheck pass along with the tickets, or are you trying to obtain one from a seller?  

New User

I have a similar question. I bought BTS tickets that are eligible for a sound check access. The ticket is part of a random drawing for sound check and the original ticket purchaser will get contacted if their ticket was selected to go to soundcheck. Since I’m bought this ticket from the original purchaser, how will I get notified if the ticket I have is selected for sound check? Will the original ticket purchaser send stub hub a notification to tell me? I just don’t want to miss out on sound check if my ticket was picked. Thank you!

Hey everyone! 

Happy to clarify this for both buyers and sellers.

For buyers, the seller would need to include this in their initial listing. If the listing does not disclose/comment this as an option, we can't guarantee that it is included.

For sellers, the passes can only be included if they do not require an exchange of personal information.  That is to say, if the pass requires a transfer into the buyer’s name or email or requires a buyer to pick it up from Will Call with an ID, then it can't be resold or included in the sale.

New User

Hello

I’m still confused the seller can’t include it in the initial listing because they will not know if they received the sound check because sound check is announced through email a few days before the event. So what do we do contact stub hub to contact the seller a couple days prior to see if they received an email saying they have soundchecj with the ticket?
Since it’s a random draw there’s no way for the seller to list that in the listing. Bts isn’t announcing it til last minute so how will we find out if we got it? It’s only available with GA which is what I purchased from here. I don’t want to miss out on the sound check if my ticket gets picked.

With soundcheck for BTS, we can't allow sellers to include those in their listings because the venue is requiring buyers to show IDs to prove their name matches the original buyer's name on the ticket. So, we won't be able to allow this feature as an add-on for listings to this event. Our apologies for the inconvenience @Haileyk9592.

Waterboy

Hi Ally, can you confirm if the venue requires ID for the concert ticket or only for soundcheck access?

Because the sellers on Stubhub chose to send ticket PDFs rather than transfer the tickets via Ticketmaster, the seller's name is on the ticket and the PDFs are single use. This means that:

1) If the venue requires the seller's ID for the concert, the Stubhub PDF ticket won't allow access to the buyer.

2) If the seller is later notified they won the soundcheck draw, they could use the PDF ticket for access, thus blocking me (the buyer) from accessing the concert afterwards.

Is there is a way for us to contact the seller via Stubhub to request a Ticketmaster transfer of the tickets, which would avoid all the above issues? Or can you provide another solution?

Looking forward to your response.

IDs are only required for the soundcheck passes.  Regular tickets can be used by any buyer without issue!  Sellers are held 100% liable to provide valid tickets so no worries there.  We wouldn't be able to request they change to a transfer as this option may not be available to all sellers.

Waterboy

Are soundcheck passes guaranteed to be separate from the ticket to access the concert? It seems to me they would be the same.

This is particularly dangerous because it means that PDF tickets could be used by the seller only to access soundcheck (matching ID), thus blocking the buyer from accessing the regular concert afterwards.

How can you guarantee this won't happen?

Tickets for this concert were sold exclusively via Ticketmaster in Canada, so every seller has the means to complete a Ticketmaster account transfer.

We don't guarantee any other features beside the ticket that gains you entry into the event because we wouldn't be able to provide you with soundcheck since the ticket wouldn't have your name on it since it's being resold. 

So, in the case that the seller were to use the ticket to go to soundcheck, it wouldn't affect you gaining entry to the show afterward as the ticket wouldn't be scanned, it would just be presented with the photo ID matching their name on the ticket. 

Keep in mind, this scenario is extremely rare because if a seller wanted to attend the soundcheck, they would want to attend the event as well so they wouldn't be selling their ticket. I hope that clears up any concerns you may have.

Please feel free to private message me if you have any further questions!