cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stagehand

What happens if the organizator of the event confirms to do the full refund for a postponed event,like Uefa EuroCup 2020 ?

I have 2 tickets bought from StubHub for EuroCup 2020,however the event postponed to June 2021. Uefa announced from its official website that they will do the full refund for each buyers if they can't attend. If UEFA confirmed for the full refund, why I can't ask the same from StubHub while StubHub only makes the payment to the sellers after the event take place (means my payment is still at StubHub's bank account )?
How can I be sure that the actual seller at StubHub didn't ask for a refund from UEFA but my tickets are still in place until 2021 June ?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: What happens if the organizator of the event confirms to do the full refund for a postponed e...

Hi @YalcinG! Happy to go over this with you. At this time, UEFA is only refunding buyers on a case by case basis. We're only able to cancel the orders on our site if the games are completely canceled and all original tickets are invalidated. We ensure sellers don't seek a refund from the primary or invalidate the tickets by still holding them liable for the sale. 

Highlighted
Waterboy

Re: What happens if the organizator of the event confirms to do the full refund for a postponed e...

@KattW I sold tickets to an event that is providing refunds (Ali Wong). As a seller, I'd rather just get my money back in a refund if my Buyer doesn't want to attend. That way, we both get our cash back, and my Buyer isn't stuck with "credit". As it currently stands, both of us have lots of money beind held in escrow...

Is there a way to do this? Both parties would basically be made "whole" as if the transaction never happened. I'm happy to lose my Stubhub fees too so you guys can still get money!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jyu94, that's a great question. Similarly to how we wouldn't ask a seller to forfeit their sale if a buyer wanted to cancel, we couldn't ask the buyer to drop the purchase. I'll send you a private message to look into your order closer.