cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDS
Stagehand

Will I get my refund for a cancelled event?

I bought Dodgers World Series tickets and, of course, the game was not played as the Dodgers did not make the series.

One of the reasons I bought tickets from StubHub was the easy no-risk policy for event like this that don't happen.  In the past, my credit card simply received a refund.  This time, after three weeks of not receiving a refund I checked and learned about StubHub's new sneaky policy of refunding to a "wallet."  In the wallet I clicked to receive a credit refund and saw a message that the refund could take up to 30 days. 

I have received no confirmation of my request for a refund.  No email.  No text.  No message in StubHub.  This makes me very uncomfortable.

I would like confirmation that I will receive a credit to the card on file with StubHub and an expectation of when I will receive.

5 REPLIES 5
Nvragn
Waterboy

Re: Will I get my refund for a cancelled event?

If it makes you feel worse, I am in a similar situation. I bought tickets for the Red Sox, got the notice of cancelation and because this was the first time for me I read the policy and saw the credit in my Stubhub wallet and immediately requested the refund. That was 27 days ago. No contact or confirmation regarding the refund. No refund has been received. This guys are shady. I read up on the T.O.S. and see if we agreed to some stupid arbitration agreement but I really don't care. I'm preparing paperwork because Monday marks 31 days and I'm pretty disappointed and 31 days is 31 days.
Marcomore06
Stagehand

Im at 30 days today and still nothing. The worst experience ever! I had to make a payment on my credit card and I am pretty sure Stubhub will not comp back my payment. I bought tickets to the Dodgers world series. Obviously, they didnt make it to the world series.
Marcomore06
Stagehand

Im going through the same crap myself! Today is officially 30 days and I still haven't received anything. I call them and email them and all they do is just lie saying I'll be receiving the refund soon and nothing. There were times in which I was told I was being put on this imaginary expedited list amd recievr my refund in a few days which was a load of horse crap. Stubhub is honestly one shady company that I thought was legit.
PDS
Stagehand

Team StubHub sent me a private message asking for transaction information which I provided last Wednesday.  No response.  No refund.

Easy refunds used to be one of StubHub strengths.  In past years I would buy hopeful playoff tickets and receive prompt refunds when my team failed to make it.

StubHub has converted this former strength into a liability.  Now they are the company who won't give you your money back when an event is cancelled.

Not smart business.  Very poor customer service.

kathyksa
Pit Crew

Unfortunately this is what I had to do to get a refund, for something I purchased almost 2 years ago. Be persistant and open a dispute with your credit card company.

I purchased Ricky Gervais tickets on January 10 2020.

1. The event was cancelled August 2021.
  2. Stubhub sent an email that we would receive a refund on October 5, 2021.
  3. I called Stubhub October 8, 2021 because I had not received a refund,  spoke to Kerri Ann who said she would start the refund process, and it could take 30 days.
  4. On November 9, 2021 I called Stubhub and spoke to Jeremy who said they tried to put the refund on my credit  card and they denied it.  He told me they would issue me a cheque in the next couple of days.  He sent     me an email that said I had been refunded and my account stated as such.
  5. On November 18, 2021 I called Stubhub and spoke to Shani, and explained my frustration.  She voided the cheque which I hadn't received, and said she refunded my credit card effective November 9, 2021.  She gave me an authorization code of this.
  6. On November 30, 2021 I called visa to start a dispute.  They contacted Stubhub.  Stubhub told them that because I live in Canada, the payment could take up to 30 days.

If I do not recieve the refund by December 8, 2021, Visa is going to get it for me.

Stubhub is counting on people not being tenacious or persistant to get their money back.  Yesterday someone contacted me via this forum but they also took my post down. they did less than what the people on the phone do. 

Good Luck___________________________________