cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay22
Rookie

ticket prices

why are stub hubs tickets always more expensive than ticketmaster. Why do they go up soo high for shows that arnt that popular just for certain seats?

7 REPLIES 7
NikkiM
Stubber

Re: ticket prices

Hi, @Jay22. We are a Fan-to-Fan marketplace so, we do not own nor issue any of the tickets that you see on our website. Rather, the inventory you see is managed by individual sellers where prices may be higher or lower than face value, depending on the market at the time. It just depends on the event that you're looking at & who the seller is. We are completely separate from Ticketmaster & both our inventory and ticket prices will vary from one another. 

jamellewis
Stubber

but that shouldnt be happening

SeanG
Waterboy

@Jay22 I am equally annoyed.  I'm looking at $93 tickets on StubHub which are $72 on SeatGeek for the exact same section/row at a baseball game in April.  I read the solution/customer service answer, but it still doesn't make me feel better about where I spend my money.  Unfortunately I have a credit from a previous corona virus cancelation.  Maybe I'll turn around and sell them for $190 since there is no market price control LOL.  Perhaps the person I purchase them from at StubHub will turn around and quickly purchase them from SeatGeek? @NikkiM Mariners_3Apr_SeatGeek.PNGMariners_3Apr_StubHub.PNG Do you have to have tickets in hand before you market them on StubHub???

NikkiM
Stubber

Hello there, @SeanG. You do not have to have the tickets in your possession at the time of listing them for sale. There is an option for sellers to describe their expected in-hand date or when they are able to provide the tickets to the buyer. 

SeanG
Waterboy

@NikkiM That is a little suprising that you can sell a product you can't even guarantee.  The Mariner's haven't even released single game tickets so anybody could purchase these, right?  They are taking our money and trading the currency as futures?

NikkiM
Stubber

Sellers are not permitted to list something that they do not own. We reserve the right to require proof of purchase, at our discretion. We back up 100% of our tickets and will implement penalty charges when our terms are violated. @SeanG

Melpik
Legend

Hi Sean

Many of the tickets are for sale by season ticket holders who while they may have possession of the seats have already made partail or complete payments for the seats and know that they will have them by the delivery date.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here