cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgold01
New User

MSG rotating barcode

I got a QR code screenshot, is it possible to check if the venue uses rotating QR codes?
6 REPLIES 6
bossfan
Jockey

Re: MSG rotating barcode

You can call the venue to ask but if MSG uses rotating bar codes then a screen shot will not get you in.

bossfan
Jockey

TeamStubHub

That is a great question. If we are made aware that the venue is using rotating barcodes, then we will not allow those to be listed on the site. So if you received a screenshot of the barcode on your order, it's safe to assume that our events team has allowed that transfer option after reviewing ticket sales. If that changes, our events team will address that as well. But as with all tickets sold on the site, we stand by the purchase 100% and will have your back if there are any issues at all with your tickets.

Jgold01
New User

Thanks! I bought the best value seats a day ago for a show tmw but only a couple of tickets out of 450+ have instant download and the price seems out of wack. Are you able to check if the seller is first time?
TeamStubHub

We wouldn't be able to provide any of the seller's information, but we do make sure that those screenshots will be scannable at the venue prior to allowing those listings. It's not common for sellers to list them as screenshots anyhow, since mobile transfers tend to be a little easier for them to process. But on occasion those will still come through. The benefit being that some buyers will opt for an immediate delivery as opposed to waiting for a transfer and the listing will stay on-site longer if it's instant as opposed to expiring 4 hours before the event for most sellers. So there are pros and cons to each. It's really just up to the seller and how they want to fulfill. 

ticketmvp
Headliner

I'm pretty sure MSG will still allow QR code screenshots as I've had a few tickets for some events here and none were rotating barcodes. It can be tricky now and IMO sellers should start using mobile transfer and not be offering screenshots for most events. It's up to the seller and the seller risks the tickets being denied for entry and then getting charged by StubHub for the tickets being invalid. I've completely stopped selling QR code screenshots. If the tickets cannot be transferred or are not offered as printable PDFs, I stay away from selling for that event because there are too many factors out of my control once the buyer gets to the venue. Plus, venue policies are evolving and getting stricter throughout the country.