cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling Stones cancels tour. Will not perform at New Orleans Jazz Festival, will I get a refund from Stub Hub?

Re: Rolling Stones cancels New Orleans Jazz Festival, will I get a refund?

We completely understand all of your frustrations but we're unable to provide any further information until we receive it from the primary site/ the event. We never want you to feel as though we are keeping anything from you so we can assure you we will send out an update once we have one.

Pit Crew

"We completely understand all of your frustrations but we're unable to provide any further information until we receive it from the primary site/ the event. "

Thank you for your gracious response. Maybe it would help us if you explained what you mean by "receiving it [confirmation] "from the primary site." Confirmation of the non-Stones appearance and the information that the New Orleans Jazz Fest is refunding tickets for May 2 is here in this link: http://www.nojazzfest.com/ Please explain what more is needed, or what exactly you're talking about by "receiving confirmation." It was clear enough for your competitor, Ticketmaster, to declare a refund policy. What exactly is missing? Maybe we can get Festival Productions to send you a certified proclamation (I'm not joking there).

Highlighted

@Argens Currently, all the information from the primary states info on refunds will be sent shortly.  While they may make the decision to treat some orders on a case by case basis, we have to wait until they make an announcement pertaining to how they are handling all tickets for the event.  Rest assured, once information on how they are handling all orders is released we will be able to get more information out to fans that purchased tickets on our site!

Pit Crew

Would like to emphasize that I assume most of us understand this is a complicated situation, as StubHub has acknowledged, and that it might require some deliberation. Fine. But I'm not sure what more StubHub needs: a certtified letter from Mick Jagger's doctor that he's undergoing heart-valve surgery and will not be able to perform on May 2, or a certified letter from Jagger himself? A certified letter from Quint Davis of the Jazz & Heritage Festival that the Stones are not appearing on May 2 and that it will be impossible to reschedule the performance because it's tied to Jazz Fest and not a venue such as the Superdome? Or that these were special tickets tied to the Jazz Fest and cost more than double the price of a "normal" ticket? Again, Jazz Fest has publicly issued its official policy on refunds (details will come, but the festival is making it clear it is refunding these tickets). And again, your competitor Ticketmaster, while not making a public statement, has contacted individual ticket holders that it will refund these May 2 tickets.

The refrain: What are you waiting for? 

Rookie

I am want a full refund on RollingStones Jazz Fest cancellation. The tickets bought thru StubHub were specifically to see Rolling Stones and Jazzfest venue, Ticketmaster are all refunding tickets. Resell is not an option since the tickets were purchased way over the ticket face value because of the “Rolling Stone” expectations. If there Rolling Stones are not performing then the tickets are practically useless, no one is going to buy them. Please provide information on how StubHub will handle this unfortunate situation. I chose StubHub because of their guarantee.

@Tangobeck @JennyS This is a high priority for us. We are monitoring and reviewing all the information we can but we have to wait until there is a confirmed decision on this from the Primary. As soon as that happens, we will communicate that to everyone. Thank you! 

Rookie

I just received a notification from ticketmaster that May 2nd tickets were refunded. Any word on Stubhub’s handling of the matter?

Hi @Tangobeck,

Thank you for posting this update! We are seeing the update on the Jazz Festival news page along with their Twitter, so we've sent these details to our Events Team.

Under our FanProtect Guarantee, if a primary vendor announces an event canceled with no future date we issue automatic refunds for all buyers. Sellers payments are recouped, as they will be refunded from their original point of purchase. Both buyers and sellers for the May 2nd date on our site will receive email notification of these changes as soon as they are confirmed by our Events Team. 

Team Mascot

“Remember, your tickets are 100% guaranteed or your money back!” Jazz fest says go to your point of purchase which is Stub Hub, so please refund the $867.55 which includes over $200 of ‘fees’ paid to StubHub. Thanks

Great news! We have just confirmed that the May 2nd date is considered 100% canceled by Ticketmaster for all the original Rolling Stones tickets, and refunds are being issued to their buyers. 

As a result, all buyers on StubHub will receive an automatic refund of their full purchase amount and an email confirmation. Refunds post within 3-5 business days, and there is no action you need to take to receive one if you purchased on our site for this event and date. 

Buyers, please note: If you received your tickets by UPS delivery, we will need you to use a traceable shipping method to return them to our Ticket Returns Center (583 W eBay Way Draper, UT 84020). Please retain your tickets and send them back so they can be forwarded to your seller, as some tickets require a physical return to the primary before refunds will be given.