cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stagehand

Best Value algorithm

The best value algorithm is definitely off for Wrigley Field since the seating chart was renumbered. You’re showing 400 level tickets for 25% above face value as a better value than 300 level tickets for 25% below face value. Please adjust!
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Best Value algorithm

Hey there, @lpascoli. Apologies for the frustrations. We'd be more than happy to escalate this further. Do you mind providing us with an event & exact listings that are reflecting the issue that you are describing? It will help us directly pinpoint the issue. 

Stagehand

Sure @NikkiM. Look at 4/19 v Arizona. Look at Sec R329 Row 8 and Sec L306 Row 8. Basically the same views and same price but 30+ rank difference in best value. Also L304 Row 10 at a higher price and better value than L306 Row 8. Should be the other way around!

Thank you for that, @lpascoli. We will be sure to pass this along to the team that handles the algorithm directly. We truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention! 

Team Mascot

There does not seem to be any improvement to this when trying to sell tickets at Wrigley Field. @NikkiM Can you please reply with any info on when there will be a viable solution in place? We (anyone trying to sell Cubs tickets) are going on nearly 4 months without any update to the algorithm and literally every single game still has flawed pricing for several different sections/seats as detailed in several posts on this thread. Thanks

We truly apologize for the inconvenience, @condor281. We have passed the information along to the team that manages this tool but, do not have an ETA on when or if it is going to be altered to meet your requests. 

Stagehand

I could not agree more.  It's very pronounced in my section, 232.  The problem is that, for pricing only, the Cubs use three names for the same section.  The first 6 rows are called "Terrace Box Corner";  Rows 7 through 24 are called "Terrace Reserved Outfield"; And rows 25 up are called "Terrace Reserved Outfield Corner".  But they are all the exact same section, 232.

Unfortunately, StubHub's Best Value algorithm doesn't seem to know this because no matter what the price is for seats in the first 5 rows, it always shows the lowest value:

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.37.18 PM.png

However, in the same section, 14 rows back, at the exact same price, the seats are considered a "Great Value":

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.37.50 PM.png

The ticket face value on the first 6 rows is more than 25% more than the rows 7+, so they are a much better value.

This is great information! We will attach this to the request that we sent over yesterday 🙂

Stagehand

This is still a massive issue.  I have 4 tickets posted for 5/24 game and they are not even in the list for best value.  My tickets are priced comparable to other tickets in sections far above.  I’m in the top 10 lowest price in the whole stadium.  And worse seats with obstructed views are listed as top value.  This is crazy.  

@NikkiM 

Hi @Ipascoli, Nikki is not in the office at this time, but I'm happy to help. I have taken this information and sent it over to the team that deals with the best value algorithm, and while we appreciate you bringing this to our attention, it's hard to guarantee if changes will be made.