cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Ticketpickers
Waterboy

Cannot get a hold of marketplace investigations representative

After selling tickets I was notified that the buyer was denied entry. I have contacted the venue who states that although they cannot provide a scan report, they are willing to hop on a call and let anyone know that the tickets were never scanned. I have called the representative working the claim several times leaving multiple voicemails to setup a conference call, as well as sent mutiple emails in response to the claim. Nobody will get back to me and I have since received an email stating that my evidence was not sufficient enough and I am being charged! There is no way for me to provide evidence if nobody will answer my calls or emails. I have been falsly accused of providing invalid tickets can dissprove the claim, but for some reason nobody on Stubhubs and will respond to me.

8 Comments
Moderator Moderator

Re: Cannot get a hold of marketplace investigations representative

Hi @Ticketpickers,

We definitely want you to have the opportunity to provide evidence for your side of the claim, and I'm sorry you've had trouble getting in contact with your case owner. I'll send you a private message so I can get the account details and get you on the line with our Marketplace Investigations Team, so please check for my envelope on the upper right-hand side of the page. Thank you!

RLondon
Stagehand

I am in the exact same situation!  Sold tickets on Stubhub and was told one buyer could not gain entry!  The weird thing is is that the ticket number they say was invalid is not even a ticket number I sold.  I was also told the information I sent is not evidence enough and was charged!  My venue was also able to let me know which of the bar codes scanned and which did not.

Anytime I send anything it takes a least a week for someone to respond.  Usually with the same generic answer that the information provided is not enough.

Moderator Moderator

Hey there, @RLondon. We are very sorry for the frustrations. We're happy to reach out to our Marketplace Investigations team & check on the status of this. 

Sending you a private message so we grab your account info. 

randobigtime
Stagehand

Welcome to the world of MPI.  They don't do their job and then throw it on you the Seller because you are an easy target.  I had one claim of denial of entry with 2 hard General Admission tickets where the buyer that they couldn't get in at 730pm.  I got a scan report from the head of ticketing at the venue which showed that only 1 of the 2 tickets was scanned (successfully) at 730pm and that same ticket was denied when scanned a second time at 815pm, while the other seat was successfully scanned in at that time.  YOU DON'T FORGET THESE FACTS, SO THE BUYER WAS OBVIOUSLY LYING ABOUT THEIR CLAIM.  That should have been enough to get me paid.  My guy at the venue also stated in the email that after the second scan attempt (rejected since the ticket had been scanned 45 minutes earlier) on 1 of the 2 tickets, the buyer was sent to the VIP window where they reprinted new tickets as a customer courtesy and the buyer and their companion got in.  So anyone with half a brain would have realized that since it was a GA show, the buyer scanned one ticket in at 730pm and then gave it to a friend to try and get in at 815pm.  I didn't get paid even though the buyer lied and the head of ticketing said they got in.  I can tell other horror stories about this department.  It is a cost of doing business that if someone is a POS crook, you aren't going to get paid if they come up with a semi-reasonable story about not getting in.  

Vivid is a little better, but not great either. 

I caught a drop and bought an entire row to a hot show late the afternoon of the event.  I posted the tickets through my Vivid SkyBox Point of Sale and had about 6 sales very quickly spread among different exchanges.  I got a call from StubHub about 70 minutes after the event had started that their buyer was there claiming DOE for seats 1-2 and asking if I could do something about it.  I told the StubHub CSR that I had just caught a drop a couple hours earlier, that the tickets had been posted on SkyBox and then left alone with no other action on my part, that I had sold the seats through several exchanges and that this was the only problem and told them THAT BECAUSE IT WAS SO LATE,  IT WAS LIKELY THAT THE BUYER WAS LYING AND TRYING TO PULL A FRAUD ON STUBHUB TO GET OUT OF PAYING FOR TICKETS BECAUSE THEY MISSED A LOT OF THE SHOW.  Sure enough 3 days later I got a charge.

About 10 minutes after the SH scammer tried, a Vivid buyer tried the same thing with seats 11-12.  If there was a venue problem with the tickets, the entire Row would have had DOE.  I told the Vivid CSR the same thing (without telling them about the SH buyer's phony claim) as the SH CSR.  They obviously questioned the buyer and caught them in a lie because I never heard back from Vivid.

It is a cost of doing business with SH.  It is more likely to happen with certain demographics and types of artists.  Not likely with Michael Buble, kids show, or theater.  More likely with head banging rock and roll, hiphop/rap, and WWE.

Moderator Moderator

We're very sorry to hear about this as this is never the experience we want you to have on our site @randobigtime. I will private message you for further information so I can take a look at this issue for you.

randobigtime
Stagehand

Ally, I understand that you are the moderator of the forum.  Come to one of the trade shows and listen to the brokers tell you their stories of being screwed by StubHub on phony Denial of Entry claims. 

About 6-8 years ago I called out Chris Tsakalakis on this topic in a meeting with about 200 brokers in the room.  I asked him what StubHub was going to do to stop the phony DOE claims.  He replied that it rarely happens.  I was a practicing attorney and know how to bring out information.  I then asked for a show of hands as to how many brokers had this experience.  Almost every hand went up.  I asked the brokers to keep their hands up if it had occurred more than 5 times.  About 75% of the hands in the room stayed up.  I then repeated my question to Chris.

There are forums on the web about how to scam StubHub, except that it isn't StubHub that pays the price for the phony claims. I am a one man operation and would have been scammed out of nearly $4000 in the last year if I wasn't well enough connected to disprove most of the claims.  IT IS A MAJOR FIGHT TO DO SO AS THE BURDEN IS PUT ON THE SELLER.  I have probably sold more than $5M in tickets on StubHub with very few issues.  You would think that would count when one of these BS claims arises from someone who has made one purchase in their lifetime, where I provide proof that their claim is false that anyone with any common sense and experience int the ticket business would understand.  I have had scan reports, emails from management of the venues, etc and still not had a favorable outcome.  

It is really quite simple as far as I am concerned.  If StubHub wants to keep its policy where the MPI reps ignore all the evidence presented, charge each of us Large Sellers a .1% (1/10th %) additional fee on sales and start ruling in our favor when we present suitable evidence of a phony claim.  That way we don't have to jump through all the hoops after the first ones and StubHub basically has a fund to draw from if it wants to pay the BS claims rather than fight them.  It would also keep Sellers from being sloppy because the Seller would not get paid when there is a verifiable Buyer DOE claim.  Right now it is too easy to just throw it on the Seller.  It infuriates me and a lot of large Sellers to have to waste our time in a futile act to get what we are owed.

ticketmvp
Jockey

You are spot on @randobigtime. The mods on this forum do not understand what we largesellers go through on bogus and fraudulent DOE claims. We wouldn't be selling on StubHub for so many years and the volumes we do if we were incompetent. Our records should speak for ourselves. I have a 0% DOE right now because I have vigorously defended these bogus claims. Again, it's a cash grab by StubHub. This post will probably be removed and I have already informed @MaryHill that mods on these forums are removing posts that should be left up. This is a serious issue and serious discussion should be allowed on this topic.

Sr. Manager of Social Experience Sr. Manager of Social Experience
Sr. Manager of Social Experience

Thank you all for your feedback and we want to ensure our sellers have a great experience with us. Please email me at maryhill@stubhub.com with your concerns as well as your email so that I can review your account and work to assist you with these issues. @ticketmvp @randobigtime @RLondon