cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New User

Exorbitant And High Penalty Fees

BEWARE! BEWARE BEWARE!

I had tickets to Game 6 of the Blues Stanley Cup Final that I bought two months prior. My wife and I were so excited, being lifelong Blues fans! Well, she ended up losing her job and so with great sadness we decided to sell the tickets to help pay our bills. I put them on Ticketmaster and Stubhub, and they literally sold on Stubhub first and then 9 minutes later sold on Ticketmaster. I did not even have a chance to transfer them before they sold! Yes, it was my fault, but unfortunately there was not enough time to pull the ticketmaster post down and they got transferred automatically. But, Stubhub chaarged me $1,400! We even put the tickets cheapaer than any other seats in our section becasue that is how badly we needed the money. I know for a fact there were plenty of seats available in that section for similar amounts! No where did it say I would be charged that much if I couldn't transfer them. I know its in the fine print, but they really need to make people aware of it. Not only did we not get to see the game, but it ended up costing us more than what we paid. I would've glady paid the difference for similar seats, but that was not an option. Anyway, I have spent thousands of dollars at Stubhub over the years, but no more! I vow I will never use them again and I am deleting my app and account. I hope it was worth it to them. Lifelong customer gone in 9 minutes! Very greedy! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Exorbitant And High Penalty Fees

Truly sorry for the negative experience that you've had with using our platform. Resellers are taking a risk of double selling when they post their tickets for sale across multiple platforms as most websites are live and tickets can sell at any time. Our penalty fee for canceled sales is 40% of the original ticket price or the difference in the cost of replacement tickets, whichever is greater. A sale can be canceled if the seller is not able to fulfill on time and with the exact tickets that have been described in the listing details. They can also be canceled if a sale is not fulfilled at all as we would need to seek a replacement option for the buyer. Our penalty fees aren't nearly as much as other competitors who can charge up to 200% for canceled sales. We'd be happy to review your account details to see if there is anything that we can do to help and will be able to assist you with the account deletion if you wish to proceed with that upon review. Sending you a private message now, @MmmMmmGood.

New User

Thank you for reaching out! Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. 

We sent you a private message yesterday, @MmmMmmGood. Please click on the mailbox icon in the top right corner of your Community profile and click on the subject line in order to compose a reply!