cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeamStubHub

Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

When you sell tickets on StubHub, payments are processed 5-8 business days after the event takes place.

How does StubHub pay me?

The way we pay you for ticket sales depends on where you live and where the event is. See your StubHub account's payment settings by going to 'Profile' then Settings. The 'Payment' tab is automatically open. 

Selling tickets on StubHub

We'll pay you through PayPal, Payoneer prepaid card, or direct deposit.

• Direct deposit: After listing your tickets, go to your Settings. Under 'Payment options for selling tickets,' click 'add a new direct deposit account to receive payments.' Select an address and enter your bank routing and account number. To update direct deposit info, see Removing or updating direct deposit details.
  • PayPal: In your Settings under 'Payment options for selling tickets,' enter the email address for your PayPal account. If an address is already there and you need to change it, click the pencil and type in the updated address.

You will need to ensure that the payment option is set as default in order to receive payment.

Converting PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus to another currency

1. Log into your PayPal account on a computer
  2. Click 'Wallet'
  3. Click the three dots to the right of the currency you want to convert to (if you’ve already added the new currency to your account)
  4. Select 'Convert currency'
  5. Enter the dollar amount you want to convert and click 'Next'
  6. Review the conversion amounts and select 'Convert'

FAQ

I changed my payment method, does this automatically update my current listings/sales? 

Changing your payment method will automatically update your current listings but does not update sales. If tickets have sold, please send a private message to TeamStubHub. We will see if the payment can be issued to your new method!

It's beyond 8 business days after the event. Where is my payment?

Double-check that you set your preferred payment option for selling tickets as default. Send a private message to TeamStubHub if the payment method needs to be changed.

My payment shows as rejected. How can I fix this?

Send a private message to TeamStubHub and we'll work on having the payment re-processed.

8 REPLIES 8
FireFishMike
Stagehand

Re: Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

Please see my scenario: https://stubhub.community/t5/Selling-Tickets/Sold-Springsteen-Tickets-Delivered-via-Ticketmaster/td-...

As long as I delivered the tickets, I have nothing to worry about, right? If the buyer just doesn’t want to accept the transferred Ticketmaster electronic tickets, that’s not my fault. I still better be getting paid, correct??
TeamStubHub

Correct. As long as you've delivered to the email address/physical address we provided by the date specified in you listing, you would be paid regardless of whether or not the buyer accepts the transfer. That said, we have seen instances where the email to accept a transfer doesn't come through on the buyer's end, so we'd suggest that you cancel the transfer and re-send it after 48 hours. Then when you re-send it, you can send a private message to our mods @TeamStubHub with the screenshot and they can add it to the order notes. But yes, ultimately you'd still get paid because you can't control whether or not the buyer accepts the tickets. 

DemarioHinds
Stubber

that is correct according to the guarantee for seller once tickets are proven to be delivered and matches what was promised and has no issue prevent the buyer from getting into the event  then you are guarantee payment, 

fuller7586
Stagehand

I sold tickets end of 2022 but the event is in 2023. I can not see any pending payouts or sales in my account. Is that normal?
DemarioHinds
Stubber

that is quite normal you are guaranteed payment as long has the tickets promised are delivered to the buyer, stubhub also sends curtesy reminders of your payment on when,where wnd the amount to expect 

Molsn13
Pit Crew

I'm a large ticket reseller. Will you guys ever be going back to paying after the transfer/sale is completed? I have $12k in sales that I have to wait until the concerts happen still which some cases is up to a year away. This obviously affects me purchasing more tickets to resell and I've resorted to selling primarily on VividSeats because they payout faster. If a concert is cancelled, I obviously have the funds to payback out of my sales. They take care of their large resellers

SATSUMA192
Stagehand

I would recommend (if you can) try and sell directly or list on another more secure site. 3 days after selling our tickets this week, @stubhub cancelled the sale and billed US for $3000. Gave an excuse that they had to expedite the transfers of tickets by a week. Also claimed to have sent us an email that was definitely not received (in spam or otherwise). We were told this is happening to a lot of people and advised BY STUBHUB to challenge STUBHUB via our credit card. All very sketchy. 

DemarioHinds
Stubber

thanks for the information

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here