cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CameronJ
Stubber

Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

When you sell tickets on StubHub, payments are processed 5-8 business days after the event takes place.

How does StubHub pay me?

The way we pay you for ticket sales depends on where you live and where the event is. See your StubHub account's payment settings by going to 'Profile' then Settings. The 'Payment' tab is automatically open. 

You live in the United States

Selling tickets for an event in the United States

We'll pay you through direct deposit, PayPal, or Credit My Team Account. 

• Direct deposit: After listing your tickets, go to your Settings. Under 'Payment options for selling tickets,' click 'add a new direct deposit account to receive payments.' Select an address and enter your bank routing and account number. To update direct deposit info, see Removing or updating direct deposit details.
  • PayPal: In your Settings under 'Payment options for selling tickets,' enter the email address for your PayPal account. If an address is already there and you need to change it, click the pencil and type in the updated address.
  • Credit My Team Account: This is an option if you list tickets for an integrated partner through a season ticket account. 

Selling tickets for an event in Canada

We'll pay you through PayPal, but you must set up a Canadian wallet in your account:

1. Log into your PayPal account
  2. Click 'Wallet' at the top
  3. Click 'PayPal Balance' and then 'Manage Currencies' at the bottom (If you don't have a PayPal balance, you won't see the 'Manage Currencies' option)
  4. Click 'Add a Currency'
  5. Select the desired currency and click 'Add a Currency'

Converting PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus to another currency
  1. Log into your PayPal account on a computer
  2. Click 'Wallet'
  3. Click the three dots to the right of the currency you want to convert to (if you’ve already added the new currency to your account)
  4. Select 'Convert currency'
  5. Enter the dollar amount you want to convert and click 'Next'
  6. Review the conversion amounts and select 'Convert'

You live in Canada

Selling tickets for an event in Canada

We'll pay you through PayPal or CA direct deposit. In your Settings under 'Payment options for selling tickets,' click the 'CAD (CA$)' tab.

• PayPal: Enter the email address for your PayPal account. If an address is already there and you need to change it, click the pencil and type in the updated address.
  • CA direct deposit:  After listing your tickets, go to your Settings. Under 'Direct deposit' enter a Canada direct deposit enrollment with a bank location in Canada. To update direct deposit info, see Removing or updating direct deposit details.

Selling tickets for an event in the United States

We'll pay you through PayPal. 

• Enter the email address for your PayPal account. If an address is already there and you need to change it, click the pencil and type in the updated address.

FAQ

I changed my payment method, does this automatically update my current listings/sales? 

Changing your payment method will automatically update to your current listings but does not update to a sale. If tickets have sold, please send a private message to any of our moderators. They'll see if the payment can be issued to your new method!

It's beyond 8 days from the event. Where is my payment?

Double-check what you selected for your payment method and send a private message to any of our moderators if the payment needs to be changed.

My payment shows as rejected. How can I fix this?

Send a private message to any of our moderators and we'll work on having the payment reprocessed.

173 REPLIES 173
CameronJ
Stubber

Re: Help with claiming unclaimed payment

Hi, @zprr

Payments that are unclaimed are payments that were sent to PayPal. Why a payment may be unclaimed in PayPal is that your PayPal account is not all the way set up to accept the payment. Easy fix though as you just need to finish registering your PayPal account to go ahead and receive your payment. You may need to contact PayPal on the matter to help deposit the funds into your account. 

Now, if the wrong PayPal email address was provided, we can work on this to see about having the correct PayPal email address used or switch the payment over to direct deposit (you'll need to enter it into your account first). 

I'll send you a private message now so we can work on this together.  

ksu11
New User

Payment Rejected

Hi, I have recieved an email from Stubhub saying that the buyer had successfully recieved and accepted the mobile transfer but when I go to check my account it says 'Rejected by Bank'. How do I recieve my payment now?

CameronJ
Stubber

Re: Payment Rejected

@ksu11 - Congrats on the sale! Apologies for the issues on the payment. There could be a number of reasons why the bank rejected your payment from us. Such as not enough info or incorrect details. We can get the payment going once more. First, head to "Profile > Settings > Payment method for selling tickets" to ensure all your info is correct or update it. You can also place PayPal there instead. 

I'll send you a private message now though so we can work on having the payment reissued. 

Bstrain27
Stagehand

Still haven't been paid for my tickets that sold 6 days ago.

I sold tickets on 27th of May and still have not been paid for them even though I was told it could take up to 5 days. Why is there such a delay and when will I be paid?
MariaA

Re: Still haven't been paid for my tickets that sold 6 days ago.

@Bstrain27 I'm sorry for the delays. We don't trigger the payments until your tickets are delivered. So it's 5 business days from the day your tickets were delivered to the buyer. I'm happy to look into this though and make sure everything is correct! I'll send you a private message!

francesgale
Team Mascot

Re: Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

Hi,

I have sold a ticket, but when I go to My Payments there is nothing there under Pending or Completed so I'm a bit concerned! The delivery status is Delivered.

I don't know whether this is because I added the payment method after the sale?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DianaR
Stubber

Hi @francesgale,

Typically, within 24 hours of the status showing delivered (for events based in the US and Canada), payment will be triggered and would post to you listed payment method within 3-5 business days. If it has been over 24 hours since your order was put into delivered status, please private message me or any Community Moderator with your email address and zip code

*For events outside the US and Canada, payment is released within 5 business days after the event completes. 

pepperbug
New User

Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

What prevents the seller from being scam after sending the transfer of flash seat tickets, do you guys already have the payment from the buyer after before I transfer and how will I know that, sorry I'm a newbe

AmandaB
Stubber

@pepperbug No worries! We do collect the payment from the buyer immediately and then we are able to pay the seller as soon as the tickets are delivered. We do have an "all sales are final" policy, which applies to both the sellers and the buyers. Hope this helps! Let me (or any Moderator on here) know if you have any other questions! 

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here