cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

*This post pertains to tickets sold for events in the US and Canada*

When you sell tickets on StubHub, we'll start processing your payment within 24 hours after the tickets are delivered to your buyer! 

*Some high-profile events won't have payments processed until after the event.

How does StubHub pay me? Payments are processed through either PayPal or Direct Deposit to your bank. Both payment methods can take up to 3-5 business days to be received.

There are a few differences though! 

PayPal:

• Payments are made 7 days a week and grouped into 1 payment per seller, per day with the same reference number. 

Direct Deposit: 

• It may take an additional 5 business days to appear, depending on the bank's processing time. Direct Deposit can only be added on a desktop web browser. 

StubHub also offers Credit My Team Account for certain events.

If you're a Season Ticket Holder with an MLB team or a team that has a partnership with StubHub, you may have the option to credit the amount of your sale to your team account. To see if you have this option, you will need to list your tickets from your team account. 

Credit My Team Account payments are processed on the 6th of each month. How fast the credit appears in your team account depends on the team. 

How do I add in my payment method? 

Go to Profile > Settings > 'Payment options for selling tickets' to add/update your payment method! 

The payment method you set will now become your default payment for future listings. 

I changed my payment method, does this automatically update my current listings/sales? 

Changing your payment method will automatically update to your current listings but does not update to a sale. If tickets have sold, please send a private message to any of our moderators. They'll see if the payment can be issued to your new method!

It's beyond 5 business days from when my tickets were delivered. Where is my payment?

Double check what you selected for your payment method and send a private message to any of our moderators if the payment needs to be changed.

My payment shows as rejected. How can I fix this?

Send a private message to any of our moderators and we'll work on having the payment reprocessed. 

I sold for an international event (UK, Spain, Mexico, etc.) and don't have my payment. Who can I contact?

Please send a private message to any of our moderators as we can help with international orders as well!

39 REPLIES 39
New User

Re: Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

How exactly does "credit my team account" work? 

Does the money stay in my account and I can apply it towards season ticket payments next season?

Re: Getting Paid for Selling Tickets!

Hi @TheRoxyV

This is a great question because I would also want to know what the funds could be used for before I selected this payment option! 

Every team has their own policies regarding access to and use of CMTA credits. Some teams require that you renew your season tickets for the following season in order to retain the credits, for example. This means you will want to check with the team for their specific guidelines, as we certainly don't want to provide any misinformation. 

Rookie

Payment sent to wrong email

Hi - I accidentally entered the wrong email on PayPal for my account to receive funds from my sold tickets on StubHub.

I've since corrected my email, but unclear how I can receive payment.

Can someone please advise?

Re: Payment sent to wrong email

@RMadan We can help with that. Any time that happens, you'll just need to reach out to one of our moderators. That said, I'm going to send you a private message and get the details, so I can have our payments team take a look. 

New User

Payment

What does “Unclaimed” mean in reference to a PayPal payment?

I sold tickets last Wednesday, the payment still hasn’t come through, and when I look up “payments”, it says “Pending”, and “Unclaimed”..

Re: Payment

Hey @Matt_nelson1! Sorry to hear about the confusion with your payment! If the status is showing unclaimed, you should be able to log into your PayPal and accept the funds under the Activity button on the top of the screen after signing into your PayPal account! I will also send you a private message so we can review the status of your order further! 

New User

Selling tickets

I’m stuck on trying to put my email in for PayPal payment. The email is correct, why is it not taking it.

Re: Selling tickets

@Sdwinchick75 That's a great question! Have you tried adding the payment method in before creating your listing? You can do that on the settings page in My Hub on the section that says how you want to be paid. Try that and then create your listing. I'll send you a private message now to follow up. If it works, you're all set, if not, respond to the message and we'll dig a little deeper.

SO1
Waterboy

Re: Selling tickets

Why when selling on the APP is Palpal the only option? I just sat on the phone with customer service unpending 8 different sales to be direct deposited.  I dont always have time once I list on the app to go to my computer to change the payment method.  IT defeats the whole purpose of the app being quick and easy