cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

How does selling Mobile tickets work?

Mobile Ticketing is still a new and growing delivery method that many venues and teams are moving towards.  In an effort to ensure all of our sellers can easily ask or find the answers to their questions surrounding this, we have consolidated our most frequently asked questions into one post!

Due to its similarities, you will also find information regarding Flash Seats in this thread as well.

Please take a look through the thread below to sell if your question has already been asked and answered.  If you're not seeing your specific inquiry and still need help, please feel free to reply to this thread and either one of our Moderators or your fellow fans will be happy to help!

115 Comments
TK53
Stagehand

Tickmaster .pdf restrictions

Many teams are moving to mobile-only entry in an effort to restrict ticket sales on the secondary market in favor of ticketmaster (where the team gets a commission). The only solution I see to this is to .pdf the mobile ticket with the barcode, then upload the .pdf to stubhub. There is no reason the buyer shouldn't be able to use the .pdf either on their phone or printed, but I want to be sure this is a valid method before I sell on stubhub or if there are alternatives I haven't thought of.  Please advise.

jammerdjc
New User

Re: Tickmaster .pdf restrictions

For SJ Sharks we no longer have the ability to do PDF versions of the tickets.  In theory you could screen shot each of the tickets and print them, but they aren't considered legitimate tickets.  You no longer have that as an option for listing your tickets either.  The only way to deliver now is via UPS.  However, I'm not sure how you'd UPS as there's no way to get hard copies.

TK53
Stagehand

Re: Tickmaster .pdf restrictions

So are you saying ticket scanner would reject a .pdf (whether printed or on your phone)?  

It doesn't seem like it would make a difference so long as the bar code is valid.  I often take screenshots of mobile tickets because internet access often gets sketchy outside events when everyone is trying to access it at once.

hmayjj
New User

How to get approved to sell Mobile Tickets?

I have Pink tickets to sell, I have a barcode but not a PDF.  Ticketmaster gives me the option to transfer the tickets via email but not sell.  How do I upload the barcode so I don't have to print them and mail them?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Mobile Approval

Entering barcodes for your delivery isn't always available as it depends if we're partnered for that event. If you're not seeing this for the show you're listing for, then giving us the barcodes isn't set up for that show. However, if you have mobile transfer tickets, you may be able to list your tickets that way! 

pds81
Stagehand

Can I be approved to list mobile if tickets have already sold?

I made a mistake on here...

I listed tickets on Stubhub which have sold. Right now, it's listed as I need to "deliver" the tickets, but my tickets are mobile and I didn't realize that I need to be approved by Stubhub to list them.

Is there anyway I can rectify this? or is it too late to get "approved" and will have to cancel the sale? I originally bought these through ticketfly and can easily do a transfer

Moderator Moderator

Re: Newbie

Hi! As a one time courtesy we can make the change but first, we will need to reach out to your buyer to confirm whether they accept the change to Mobile!  We'll send you a private message for more information!

MNCheezehead
New User

Changing delivery from PDF to Mobile?

So I sold my P!nk tickets on Stubhub I purchased from Ticketmaster.  I noticed on my Ticketmaster receipt there is a transfer link, but my Stubhub sales receipt talks about uploading the tickets.  

Not sure how to go about getting tickets to the buyer.

Thanks for any help!

Moderator Moderator

Re: P!nk-Minnepolis, 3/12/18

Generally, for any kind of Mobile Transfer, you have to be pre-approved.  You can actually find the steps above!

As for tickets you already sold, we can approve this as a one-time courtesy, but first, we have to reach out to the buyer to confirm they accept the delivery change.  We'll send you a PM to get more information!