cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Coach

MLB Postponements

What happens if the MLB game I am selling or buying gets postponed and that game is made up as a traditional doubleheader?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: MLB Postponements

That will not happen 99.99999% of the time. Traditional Doubleheaders almost never take place these days as there is far too much money at stake and the parties involved could not justify giving away the gate, tv, parking, concession and other revunes.....

In the one in a million times a true doubleheader does take place you would have to check in as refund/exchange info would vary depending on many factors (like are the tickets you have individual game tickets or from a full season account).

New User

It may be one-in-a-million, but it happened last night in Detroit. Since the event was postponed (and not rescheduled as a ticketable event) I presume the money-back guarantee comes into play?

New User

I purchased tickets for tonight’s Yankee game. It was postponed. It’s being rescheduled as part of a double header on 5/15/19. However they are not honoring the 5/13 for the reschedule date. Is there a credit for the ticket?
Coach

The sale will be cancelled if the game is made up as a single admission double-header

Hey guys! We tend to play postponed/rescheduled MLB games by ear as it truly depends on how the team decides to handle the game.  Once a new date is set, we then confirm with our partnerships whether tickets will be valid or not.  If tickets are not valid for the new game then a refund would be processed.  If they are, you're all set to go to the new game or resell them if you can't attend.

New User

This actually just happened to me last night ( Mets game 5/12/2019 was rained out). I was sent an email to exchange my ticket for the rescheduled game at the gate. Once I got to the gate I was told the event was rescheduled for August 5th, 2019 and they could not offer me a different date/game. I am not able to attend that game due to work obligations as I will be moving and living out of state at the time. How do I go about getting a refund for my tickets? 

Hi @VickyZoo34

Sorry to hear about the issues with the game, that is really unfortunate! I will send you a private message to help get this resolved. Thanks! 

Team Mascot

We actually had tickets to the game tonight May 13, not May 15 as was outlined in your communication we got when we returned from the stadium tonight. We actually went to the stadium and waited for 3&1/2 hours until the decision was made to cancel the game due to unplayable conditions. We were told via Yankee Stadium announcements that a doubleheader would occur on Wednesday May 15 and only tickets with a Wednesday date would be honoured as a one admission double header. There may be a possibility of exchange of tickets but that would not be guaranteed at all. Also we are unable to attend on Wednesday or any other date as we return to Australia that day.
Therefore a request a full refund for the tickets purchased for the cancelled game on Monday May 13 would not be unreasonable. We are unable to resell the tickets as they are not valid for Wednesday game anyway. No play was possible on May 13 and therefore the game was cancelled.
Coach

You dont even have to request the sale to be cancelled if your tickets were bought on Stubhub for tonights game- That will happen automatically and you will get all your money back