cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

PDF/File Upload Errors and Issues

Are you seeing one of the following errors with your upload?

“Double-check that your file doesn't contain a scanned or photographed image of your paper ticket and try again.”

“We had a problem reading that file. Please try again.”

“The file you are attempting to upload exceeds 5MB…”

Here are the most commonly helpful troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear your cache and cookies (temporary internet files), then close all open browser windows. Open a new browser window, and attempt the upload again. Note: Google Chrome and Safari are both optimized for our site.
  2. Verify that the size of the ticket file is 5MB or less. If not, we recommend using a file compressor to reduce the size without editing the file itself.
  3. Verify that the file is a PDF, JPG/JPEG, or PNG (other formats are not accepted in our upload tool).
  4. Try uploading the file from a different technology type/access method. For example, if you are seeing the error when uploading on a mobile device, try doing the upload/listing from a regular computer browser instead.
  5. Check if you have the option to click “I’ll upload later”, as this will allow you to get the listing active and then upload through your “Sales” portal if the ticket is sold.

If the error reads “This file's permission does not allow us to validate it. Please try uploading a valid file.” we recommend trying the following steps:

1. Locate the PDF file saved in your computer
  2. Drag and drop the file to a Google Chrome browser window
  3. Hit Ctrl + P, or right click and select “Print”
  4. Next to “Printer Destination”, select “Change”
  5. Choose “Save as PDF”
  6. Save your file (the new file will be in an unlocked status)

Upload still not working? Please reply to this topic or private message any Community Moderator so we can help further.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Error message when trying to upload tickets

Hi there, @shells!

I am sorry you're having trouble with the upload. I've moved your post to this thread as it contains the best troubleshooting steps available for the error. If after looking at these factors you are still unable to upload the file, please send me (or any Community Moderator) a private message using the envelope icon on the upper right corner of the page. We are happy to assist further!

2 Comments
shells
New User

I am also getting an error when trying to upload my tickets.

It only says "There was a problem, please try again."

Moderator Moderator

Hi there, @shells!

I am sorry you're having trouble with the upload. I've moved your post to this thread as it contains the best troubleshooting steps available for the error. If after looking at these factors you are still unable to upload the file, please send me (or any Community Moderator) a private message using the envelope icon on the upper right corner of the page. We are happy to assist further!