cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulamiller
Team Mascot

Payment for a postponed event!!!!!!!!!! HELP

I sold tickets to Justin Bieber in Philly (without knowing that stubhub doesn't pay you until the event!!!). The concert was postponed, no new date. I received an email the morning of the show (6/16) stating that if I have fulfilled my end with tickets (which I did) that I would be paid for the sale.  I received an email on 6/20 stating that stubhub attempted to pay me but I didn't have a default payment method (I did but ok i did it again).  Still nothing. Nothing showing in pending.  Trying to get someone on the phone there is horrid. Terrible customer service. I finally speak to someone and she tells me that I'm not getting paid bc the concert was only postponed.  When I explain the email I received that i WAS getting paid, she basically said, well that's wrong. Completely unfair. I can't cancel the sale or i have to pay them money? I can't get a supervisor on the phone.  And one rep actually hung up on me.  This is theft. I want either my money or my tickets back, with no penalty.  HELP

5 REPLIES 5
bossfan
Quarterback

Re: Payment for a postponed event!!!!!!!!!! HELP

I'm not sure why you got the notice that Stubhub attempted to pay you.  Could be part of the many issues after the merger.  But Stubhub does not pay until 5-8 business days after the event.  Since your event is postponed and not canceled there is nothing that you can do but wait for the event to be rescheduled or canceled.

paulamiller
Team Mascot

Not only did I get the email that they attemped to pay me, I got one a few days earlier that said I was going to to get paid. Mistake or not, Stubhub needs to honor those emails.

I'm honestly so mad at myself for not doing my reserach and learning in advance that you do not get paid until after the event - stubhub out there holding on to cash and accuring interest lol. Trust me i'm going to tell everyone I can to never use them.

Melpik
Legend

Hi Paula

Also keepin mind if the venue offers you refund for your tickets DO NOT accept.  If you do then your buyer will not be able to get into the concert and Stubhub will charge you a penalty of 100% of the sale.

paulamiller
Team Mascot

As of right now the show is only postponed, if it is canceled do I have to be on the phone with stubhub for another 4-5 hours? Who gets the money from the venue if the show is canceled? If it's not me, why am I not getting paid for my tickets? Honestly I hope stubhub goes bankrupt and out of business.  Shady business practices at best.

Melpik
Legend

If the show is cancelled then your sale is cancelled and you would receive a refund from your original point of purchase and your buyer would get a refund from Stubhub.

if your show is rescheduled then you will be paid by Stubhub 5-8 Business days After the event.

In the interim while the show is postponed you are in limbo until the event falls under one of the above scenarios.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here