Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Highlighted
Brace
Coach

Re-Selling Tickets Bought on Stuhub

If you purchase tickets from StubHub and then re-sell them on StubHub, who is penalized if there is an issue with the tickets?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Moderator

Re: Re-Selling Tickets Bought on Stuhub

Hi @Brace,

Great question! In this circumstance, the FanProtect Guarantee provides coverages as a buyer and a seller. This means that typically, the buyer-turned-seller would not be penalized if there were to be an issue with the tickets when scanned at the event for example. Our Marketplace Investigation Team is tasked with researching the validity issue on the associated tickets and determining liability for any charges, so they would be looking into the facts for a particular claim. 

3 Comments
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Brace,

Great question! In this circumstance, the FanProtect Guarantee provides coverages as a buyer and a seller. This means that typically, the buyer-turned-seller would not be penalized if there were to be an issue with the tickets when scanned at the event for example. Our Marketplace Investigation Team is tasked with researching the validity issue on the associated tickets and determining liability for any charges, so they would be looking into the facts for a particular claim. 

Brace
Coach

Thanks @DianaR

Kookiewookiee
Team Mascot

Possibility of Fake Tickets

Let’s say I bought tickets from Stubhub, then resold them. Someone bought those tickets and they turned out to be fake. Will I get blamed for that or will the original seller? I’m contemplating reselling my tickets but I’m worried that if they’re fake, I’ll be the one facing the repercussions.