cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Selling and Sold Tickets - FAQ

Can't make it to your event anymore? List them on StubHub

It's fast and easy to do! Click here to get started! 

By listing and selling your tickets on StubHub, you do agree to our policies outlined in our User Agreement and Seller Policies.

We know you might have some questions before listing. Keep reading for some frequently asked questions. 

Q: How much are StubHub selling fees?  

A: StubHub only charges sellers when tickets are sold. It is FREE to list your tickets. Fees vary depending on the event, price, and delivery method. The fees on any sale are there for a few different reasons, with our main focus being to provide a positive experience for all of our fans.

Q: How do I get paid when selling my tickets?   

A: There are a few ways! Check out our Getting Paid for Selling Tickets post for more.

Q: How can I deliver my tickets to a buyer?   

A: Ticket delivery depends on the type of ticket you have. You will need to deliver them to the buyer the same way they're received from the primary ticket provider. The only time this does not occur is when we are partnered with a team or venue.

Ticket transfer
  • These tickets are in an online account where you bought them (the team, Ticketmaster, etc.)
  • We'll send you instructions so you can transfer tickets to the buyer through the online account
  • The buyer will use their mobile phone to get the tickets and view them on the event day
Flash Seats
  • These are mobile-only tickets stored in a Flash Seats account
  • After your tickets sell, we'll email you instructions to transfer them to the buyer using the Flash Seats app
  • The buyer will use their Flash Seats account to link a credit card or license (if applicable) to swipe, or the Flash Seats app to scan at the venue
Barcode
  • You'll just enter the numeric or alphanumeric barcode shown on the tickets. Enter the barcode shown on the tickets to deliver them to the buyer.
  • We'll cancel your barcodes and reissue new ones to the buyer once you have entered them in.
Paper tickets
  • These are traditional tickets printed on laminated, hard stock paper, wristbands, or tickets printed at home.
  • You'll be given a pre-paid UPS shipping label to use. Go to "My Tickets > Sales" to get your label.
  • We recommend dropping them off at a UPS store to ship rather than using a UPS drop-box.
PDF tickets
  • These are .PDF files on your computer or mobile device
  • They should be the original document you got when you bought your tickets
  • If you have 1 document with all of the tickets but only want to sell some of them, you can choose which files to keep and which to sell in the listing process
Pickup tickets
  • These are hard tickets you'll deliver to our Last Minute Services (LMS) location
  • If you choose LMS delivery, the tickets won't be on site until they are delivered to our LMS team
  • Not all events offer Last Minute Services. 
  • If your tickets are at LMS and they sell, the buyer will pick them up on the day of the event. You don't need to do anything!  

Will Call tickets

• Will Call tickets (tickets only available at the venue's box office) CANNOT be listed on StubHub as we are not able to confirm the delivery of tickets using this method.

Q: My tickets won't be ready until a later date or close to the event. Do I need to fulfill as soon as tickets sell?  

A: You can set what we call an "In Hand Date" for when you can expect the tickets to be in your possession.

During the listing process, we will pre-select the latest in hand date possible to help you avoid any fulfillment issues. You can change this date if you expect the tickets to arrive sooner.

If the tickets sell, you have until your in hand date to deliver them to the buyer. But, you can always deliver them sooner if you're able too. The earlier you deliver the tickets, the sooner you'll get paid!

Q: I'm not able to deliver the tickets I sold. How do I report this?   

A: If you're not able to deliver the tickets you sold on StubHub, please to let us know.

1. Login to your StubHub account
2. Go to My tickets > Sales
3. Under the sale, click "Report an Issue" and follow the instructions. If you have replacement tickets to offer, specify what tickets you're offering.

OR

Please send a private message to any of our moderators with the email address, zip/postal code, and order number to your account. 

Important: If you're not able to deliver the tickets as promised, or if the buyer doesn't accept your replacement tickets, your credit card on file would be charged according to our Seller Policies.

Q: I have tickets for an event but the event is not listed. Will StubHub add this event? 

A: Some events will not be on StubHub due to Charity or Fulfillment Restrictions. We apologize for any issues this might cause! Please check Events Ineligible for Resale to see what events will not be posted. If the event you have tickets for isn't listed there, you can always request it! Requests generally take 24-48 hours to be posted to the site if approved.

Have a question not answered?

Comment below and someone within the StubHub Community will answer!

28 REPLIES 28
New User

Re: Selling and Sold Tickets - FAQ

Is 10% the lowest fee charged to a seller?  As an MLB team season ticket holder, I'm being given the option to lock in 10% fees but want to be sure that I'm not committing to paying higher fees if I sell tickets that are not in high demand.

STB
New User

Neil Young Archives Tickets

I will probably have two extra tickets to Neil Young which I purchased via pre-sale through Neil Young Archives. According to the ticket confirmation I received from Ticketmaster, there is a delivery delay, mobile ticket delivery only, and resale is prohibited. Will I be able to sell these tickets through StubHub?

Re: Neil Young Archives Tickets

@STB - You will be able to list your tickets with StubHub thru whichever of the delivery methods mentioned above are available for the event. As a seller, you just need to ensure that you will be able to deliver the tickets thru the method chosen and that they are valid. 

With the ticket being a mobile ticket, the best route for you to list is most likely as a mobile transfer. Even though there is a delivery delay on the tickets. the option to transfer should come available once the tickets are delivered to you or as it gets closer to the show. We'll get you all the necessary info needed for you to complete the transfer to your buyer! If the transfer option doesn't come available and the tickets are due for delivery, just send a private message to any of our moderators so we can review this over and see how we can help.

I'll actually send you a private message now so we can review the delivery delay and make sure it is noted for the show. 

Thanks! 

Hi, @rolub

Thank you for reaching out. 10% would be the lowest selling fee that you would be able to lock into. Please let us know if you happen to have additional questions or concerns! 

Stagehand

I have tickets that I sold for a Lady Gaga concert.  Howevet, the tickets will not be available until 2 days before the event on ticketmaster. Can I transfer the tickets or do I have to wait for the tickets to be available?

Hey @randyj10075! As long as the transfer option is available for you to transfer the tickets, you are more than welcome to send them to the buyer early! 

Stagehand

I was just concerned that once the tickets were avaialble if the tickets would be automatically sent to the buyer.

@randyj10075 Once the buyer has accepted the tickets from you, the primary would then put the QR codes under their account to view and gain access to the event once available! 

KD1
New User

When selling - why do i have to enter credit card information when Direct Deposit bank info provided?

I am being asked to add credit card information even though direct debit information is has been added. Is it required for me to provide credit card information as well? but why?