cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveSH
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Tool / Golden 1 Center Jan 15 - unable to transfer

Hi - My tickets have been digitally sent (via Ticketmaster) and in my account but the 'transfer' option on desktop and mobile is greyed out. I have a completed StubHub sale and need to transfer to my buyer. This appears to have been a previous issue with Tool concerts in the past based on old posts. Does Stubhub need to intervene or wait a few days for Ticketmaster to shake things out?

32 REPLIES 32
jkrivit
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Tool / Golden 1 Center Jan 15 - unable to transfer

Same here .... I sold 4 tickets to this show on Stubhub, but the "transfer tickets" button is greyed out. From past experience, the button may become active closer to the date of the show, but of course Ticketmaster is next to useless and also telling me that "Fan-to-Fan Resale may be removed at any time at the event, tour or venue’s discretion" and won't give me an answer about this specific event. 

I'll wait a few days, but I'm nervous... if Stubhub knows an alternative way to transfer these tix to the buyer I'd like to hear it, thanks. 

tonyb1
Team Mascot
Answered! Go to solution

@daveSH @jkrivit In the same exact boat, essentially what I've been told by StubHub this morning is oh well, you're **bleep**ed.  I asked why they would sell tickets for an event that they can't actually sell tickets for and the response I was given was "it would look bad to take down listings that were already made".  I asked if it wasn't worse to keep listings up that you know aren't possible and then having to tell the buyers oh well.  The response I got was essentially, we just made a bunch of money off of you, sucks to be you.  This is a terrible business practice but seems to be common for Stubhub. 

jkrivit
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

@daveSH @tonyb1 I also bought/resold some Tool tix back in 2019/early 2020 right before COVID and I seem to recall I had the same problem then, but eventually the transfer button lit up and I was able to transfer them without issue. But I can't recall 100%

Fingers crossed. If anyone is able to transfer your Tool tix, please post an update here, thanks. 

Appreciate the info. 

JimmyB86
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

I am in the exact same situation for the same show. I also would like to know how to get these tickets to the buyer
the_watchers
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Same. This is my first time selling on StubHub. I'm selling 2 Tool tickets and I really hope to get them to the buyer, and that's not just for my own sake. 

The transfer button was grayed out, so I initially put barcode as my option. I have the tickets on my phone, but not a PDF I can upload either. 

I hope it gets sorted. I didn't realize it would be such a headache that I am dealing with so close to the event.

Also, are you all changing the "date of delivery / in Hand"? How far are you bumping the date to? 

Nate311
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Same problem here.  Just got off the phone with Stubhub, they were no help.  They told me to cancel the sale using the "I don't have the tickets" option but would be charged a fee.  So I cancelled, and I will be calling Stubhub back asking for a refund.

Cjmallett_32
Waterboy
Answered! Go to solution

How much is the fee? They make it sound like they could charge the full amount that the tickets "sold" for.
I have 2 for 1/15 also that I can't transfer
JimmyB86
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

I’m curious what the fee is too. I have already sold these tickets and just want to transfer them to the buyer and not have to stress about this anymore. I’d meet the buyers outside and walk them in if i need to. I noticed if you add the tickets to your apple wallet it shows the actual barcode number rather than jus the QR code that changes. I wonder if this can be used to transfer?
Nate311
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Not sure yet, but I assume it is the "service fee" included with the ticket payout.  So in my case it would be $89.55.  

After I cancelled, Stubhub sent me an email saying I have until Jan 13th to transfer the tickets. Sure hope the transfer button lights up by then. 

Bottom line is that StubHub should not be selling tickets for non-transferable events.  Rest assured I will be getting a refund no matter what it takes if I am not able to complete the sale.