Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brace
Coach
Answered! Go to solution

Tool On Sale - Delivery Questions

Good Afternoon, Good Evening:

There was a big onsale today for Tool for Several dates.   Axs, one of the vendors for several show just tweeted to someone that these seats will be non transferable.  It was not listed anyhere on the page.  How would stubhub handle a situation where you cant do flash transfer depite having it as a delivry option when people listed?

Wanted to give you a heads up since several sales have been made already. 

60 REPLIES 60
JakeK
StubHub Alumni (Retired)
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Tool On Sale Today

Hey @Brace! Sorry for the confusion here. No need to worry though as we do have a Team who is always reviewing events and updating buyers and sellers with information about any changes or issues that may occur. At this time our Team is reviewing the event and if they do find that there is an issue with the transfer of these tickets, we would then remove all listings and refund all buyers who have already made a purchase. We never want you as a seller or a buyer to run into any troubles or confusion when attending or selling for an event. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send me or any one of our Moderators a private message. 

devinelounge
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

@JakeK this is not the policy I was told when I chatted with Stubhub. They said you cannot sell tickets that you cannot deliver, or you will be charged the cost to replace the buyer's ticket with a similar seat. I was advised not to post my tickets for sale for this very reason.

I've raised this concern for the Tool show on 11/25 in DC. TicketMaster has already confirmed you cannot transfer tickets, yet there's tons of tickets up for sale. 

JudgeJewD
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

I am wondering the same thing!
Brace
Coach
Answered! Go to solution

Thank you @JakeK , I understand this can be a tricky situation. I'll keep an eye out for updates from Stubhub.

Eaglesgirl17
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

I was just on Ticketmaster’s website and they are selling verified resale tickets. Does that mean I will be able to sell mine on there??
ticketmvp
Headliner
Answered! Go to solution

You may very well be able to resell the tickets on Ticketmaster while also not being able to transfer the tickets. Welcome to the monopoly of Ticketmaster in the primary and more often in the secondary ticketing market. No wonder several senators have asked the Justice Department to review the Live Nation/Tickemaster merger.

Mordy
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

But will the sellers be charged a cancellation penalty if the tickets are non-transferable?

JakeK
StubHub Alumni (Retired)
Answered! Go to solution

Hey @Mordy. We review every order on a case by case basis and always try to make sure everyone is good to go for the event. If you are not showing the transfer option 24 hours before the event, please reach out to anyone of our Moderators including myself so we can take a closer look. 

devinelounge
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

Tool Tickets - Capital One Arena Washington DC 11/25/19

According to Ticketmaster, "...the promoter has not made resale or ticket transfer available for this event. You may check back periodically to see if they make the option available at a later time but there is no guarantee. Furthermore, the only delivery method provided by the event is mobile entry. There is no print at home or mailing allowed for this event."

Why is Stubhub allowing people to sell tickets to this event, if the seller actually won't be able to transfer them? The "mobile" tickets will be availale 1 week prior to the concert, but this doesn't mean you will be able to transfer them. And if you can't at that point Stubhub will charge the seller whatever it costs them to find the buyer comparable tickets, or 40% of the original sale price (which ever is greater).

So why is Stubhub even allowing people to sell tickets if TicketMaster has alread said there is no guarantee if this is possible?