cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cl0r0x70
Waterboy

double sold a covid rescheduled event

I'm an NBA season ticket holder.

I couldn't make it to a December game, so I listed and sold the tickets on Stubhub. Due to COVID, the NBA rescheduled the game for late January. I saw the game on my calendar, mistakenly thought it was a "new" game, and accidentally double-sold the tickets.

I realized my mistake when I went to Ticketmaster to transfer. The original buyer of the December tickets still has their tickets.

I called Stubhub and cancelled the second sale right away. Now I recieve an email saying that my card will be charged for the tickets.

Assuming that Stubhub is going to void the second buyers' payment to me, my question is this: is Stubhub refunding an additional 100% of the ticket sale price to the buyer, are they keeping the additional 100% for themselves, or am I wrong about the buyer cc not being charged and I'm basically paying back money that is coming my way?

Very confused.

2 REPLIES 2
Melpik
Legend

Re: double sold a covid rescheduled event

Hi

According to the Stubhub terms and conditions if you are unable to fulfill an order they will charge you a penalty - usually 100% of the value of the sale - as they go find replacement tickets for your buyer.  In addiiton to the penalty, as oyu you did not complete the sale you will not be receiving a payment for it either.

cl0r0x70
Waterboy

Re: double sold a covid rescheduled event

Seems egregious, especially on such an obvious mistake and with my long clean history with the site.

Stubhub is going to profit quite a lot on this transaction. They have their service fees on the first transaction, plus the full sale price including service fees TWICE on the second transaction, and all they have to do is replace my ok seats with better seats they can get wholesale from some other buyer at a lower cost.

I realize I made a mistake, but having the same game listed twice on the calendar lead to an honest mistake, and it feels abusive for Stubhub to actually profit much much more than if the original sale had gone through.