cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New User

the venue canceled my tickets because they were being resold,

I bought tickets to Hamilton in Charlotte and the venue canceled my order because they were lisited on Stub Hub. I buyer hawsn't paid because the tickets will not be delevered to me until Oct. I want to cancel but Stub Hub wants 40% of the sale price to cancel even though no sale will be completed. Apprently the vneue is doing this to keep reselling down and I'm sure there must be hundreds of other folks facing this. Has anyone else seen this or have worked a better soulation with Stub Hub? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: the venue canceled my tickets because they were being resold,

Sorry to hear that!  Once a buyer places an order the payment is automatically taken and they are guaranteed to receive those tickets.  If the order can't be fulfilled we then have to either find them comparable replacements or cancel the order.  Due to the costs associated with either of these options and to maintain the integrity of our marketplace, we do have to charge penalties to the seller for canceled orders.  We don't require sellers to list the specific seat numbers for their tickets on site as a way for them to protect themselves from issues such as this.

We generally can't waive the fees in a situation like this but we definitely want to take a look at your account to see how we can potentially help.  We will send you a private message shortly.​​​​​​​

New User

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the venue and they are apprently making a major effort to stop reselling. Even been a big story about it in the local paper. They say they have cancelled hundreds of tickets identified so I'm sure I'm one of many you are hearing from. I'm prepared to pay a reasonable fee and move on. Lesson learned. 

@Bigdeal1155 - Thank you for this info. We will be reviewing this particular event further. 

Coach

I've heard they did this. Word on the street is that they cancled alot of orders that were out of state.

I've hard tickets cancled for shows at smaller theaters for smaller bands. i got the money back from ticktmaster, but still got hit with the stubhub fee.

That's one of the bad things about buying for theater shows out of state. They do the research to see who is going.

Highlighted
Umpire

Seems very unfair to me honestly. Stubhub is providing a place to resell tickets, if the venue cancels those tickets and you can prove it, being hit with Stubhub fees is nor right. You really did nothing wrong. Common sense should prevail in some cases