cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojobee
New User

Buying Ticket Fees Way Too High

I recently bought tickets to a local sporting venue.  I noticed that the fee on my $300/ticket price was ~25%!  I paid almost $200 in ticket fees alone.  I looked at ticketmaster for comprobable priced tickets and their fees were about 12%.  Why are these fees so high?  I'll choose to spend my money with other sites in the future if these tickets fees can't be refunded some way.  My parking pass was 12%.  I am okay paying some fee...but 25% feels criminal!  Stub hub controls ticket fees not the seller or buyer.

17 REPLIES 17
ticketmvp
Headliner

Re: Buying Ticket Fees Way Too High

Fees are adjusted throughout the site based on the event. Ticketmaster's fees are different for every event. Best bet is if you don't like it, don't buy it and shop around. Sometimes StubHub has good prices and other times, other sites have better. 

KenA
Stagehand

I agree!I I bought tickets to a Wednesday night Mets game, no big demand for this game? The fees were 25%?? A $37 ticket was $48 +??? x 6 tickets... I also see they upped the sellers fee! So making a killing on both sides. Always liked Stub hub but this will force me to shop around!

@ links to members

I don't know if any of the other brokers are trustworthy either. They make me miss Ticketmaster. At least they don't make up fees as they go
KenA
Stagehand

Ticket Fees way up?

Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in ticket fees? I think they are up to 25%?? 

@ links to members

LBW
New User

Re: Ticket Fees way up?

By the time I was done buy tickets for a baseball game, the fees were over 30%.  I too use to love Stubhub.  Have sold tickets here before but will totally be re-thinking the whole Stubhub deal.  Taking money from buyers and sellers - getting greedy.

Re: Ticket Fees way up?

Mine was at 29% yesterday. couldn't believe it. 

tsealey
Waterboy

I just checked and found that for 2018 football season I paid ~18% in fees when I bought tickets and ~10% when I sold tickets.  For 2019 it has gone up to ~25% for buying.  Perhaps we should all just go to ticketmaster since they're only tacking on ~16%?

Neilnap
Team Mascot

Same thing happened to me.  I was about to buy two tickets to a sporting event, advertised for $175 each, and notice that the service fee was almost $50 per ticket!   This is shameful really.   StubHub is gouging both the seller and the buyer, and there's no end in sight.  I decided I'd rather do something else with the $100.   Out of control. 

Liberty805
Pit Crew

The fees are actually higher than you think. When you account for the ridiculous fees stubhub charges the seller, you'll see that stubhub is actually marking up the ticket price to close to 50% for many events. And stubhub takes no risk. Please do your research as there are way better ticket reseller sites out there and they need the business.