cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up until last week or so, all my listings had 10% seller fees. Starting from last week I started seeing 13% seller fee on one of the most recent listings, and ever since then all the new listings I create shows 13% seller fees. Used the customer service chat option to ask about it and the agent said seller fees have always varied from 8%~17% based on the event. This is not true because up until last week, the seller fees have been 10% on every single listings I sold. Also some listings that I created a few weeks ago (that havent been sold yet) still shows a payout of 10% seller fees when I go to my listings page, but when I try to create a new listing for the same exact event the seller fee for the new listing equals to 13%. So it is definitely not based on the event type. 

Stagehand

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10%

snydwalker76 nailed it.  Transparency and communication.  I get it that stubhub might want to change the game (fee structure) based on their business purposes/strategy.  However all I ask for is a clear understanding of that business strategy and how it impacts me as a high volume seller.  Just tell me.  Then I can make an informed decision on what to do next.  By not telling me......well maybe you just don't respect me and my business.  It feels sneaky and disrespectful.  

btw.....as far as I can tell the fee change only seems to impact my new listings.  Not listings that were posted before the change even if they have not sold yet.  But maybe I shouldn't reveal that.....lol.....the stubhub gods might change that too.  Oh well too late.  I'm just being transparent.  Imagine that.

Zamboni Driver

The only thing that is keeping me in the game is my Capital One Savor card that gives me 4% Cash Back on concert tickets.  I hate to think I make as much with my Cash Back awards as I do with selling the tickets.  

Zamboni Driver

They do have or used to have a merit based program. I had yeary sales on Stubhub of $100,000 and I asked about this years ago, I was told my account was reveiwed and based on several factors (canceled sales, quarterly sales) your rate could be decreased from 10%. They never told me the quarterly sales number needed to qualify, but I heard it was over $100,000 per quarter.

FYI most people don't know this, but Stubhub charges very little seller fees if any at all to professional brokers with high volume sales. I know a broker that has a 1% seller fee.

Stubhub pushed me away from selling on their site years ago. Here are my totals for last year. I had 85 total sales last year and only 9 were on Stubhub. The only reason I had any sales on Stubhub was because the team doesn't make the mobile tickets available right away. I could list them once the events were announced on Stubhub and couldn't list them else where until a month or two later. I had $65,000 in sales last year and only $8,800  was on Stubhub. 

Backup Singer

BS

Zamboni Driver

I noticed they raised the fees to 13% on my account.  My wife also has an account and her fee has remained at 10%.  I have started selling with TicketNetwork, their fees are only 9.4%.  It may not sound like much of a difference but when you sell hundreds of tickets it can add up.  It would have been nice if StubHub notified the sellers of this change.  It makes it appear like they are trying to slip this change in.

Stagehand

I too just discovered that my sellers fees suddenly increased from 10% to 13%.  Seems like old listings are still charging only 10% and any new listings are charging the 13%.  Obviously I don't like the increase but what is more troubling to me is the complete lack of communication and transparency by Stubhub.  It just happened.  No "heads up".  Nothing. 

No question they have the best portal for this business but it seems like they take advantage of that fact and give no regard to treating their seller community as a customer.  Very disappointed.  

Highlighted
Umpire

Its just more of a squeeze on the sellers. Stubhub has regressed so much over the years and tickets are not selling unless you are basically giving them away, now higher fees on top of that? Stubhub doesn't realize that at some point, sellers will just stop selling on here. First, you now allow everyone to sell on here, including teams, venues, promoters and every average person. Before you had to be approved to sell mobile tickets, now any average person can. They do not understand exactly how to do it, errors ensue and buyers are left unhappy. Its almost became like a flea market on here. The over saturation from allowing everyone to sell, mixed with a decline in buyers is driving down sales at an alarming rate

Secondly, buyers just wait til the last minute to buy now. So now we have 1000 tickets left 6 hours before the event and they are hitting $6.00 in no time as buyers have no urgency to purchase. Its just not what it used to be and raising fees, squeezing more money from an already shrinking sale, and having to spend hours monitoring your price, is in my opinion not a long range plan for success. 

I like(d) Stubhub, but with every change comes more of a burden on sellers. Stubhub should learn from their parent company Ebay. For years they kept raising fees, sellers complained, boycotted, etc and the changes just kept coming. Now Ebay is a shell of what it used to be. People will only take so much and someone like Amazon is always ready to fill the void. 

Rookie

Just happened to me this morning. I paid 15% and I know it showed 10% when I put the posting up. Going from 10 to 15% is bs. That is a markup of 50% in fees. Especially when you don’t know it is coming. Not good way to do business. Going to start looking at some other options.

I was shocked when my tickets sold and I saw 15% was taken out for the fee.  I immediately searched my email for a StubHub notice I must have missed about the increase.  Nope!  As so many others have said where is the transparency?  I got the impression this was done behind our backs and in hoping we would not notice.  Guess again.  Never thought I would see the day where Ticketmaster of all places would have a lower seller fee.  

New User

I have found the exact same thing is happening. 10% quoted sellers fees were ALWAYS the normMLB tickets, NHL tickets, concert tickets, soccer tickets, etc. It was 10% on everything. Today, I just noticed that my new listings are quoting a higher seller fee %. Very disappointed that this was not announced by Stubhub in an email or otherwise.