cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up until last week or so, all my listings had 10% seller fees. Starting from last week I started seeing 13% seller fee on one of the most recent listings, and ever since then all the new listings I create shows 13% seller fees. Used the customer service chat option to ask about it and the agent said seller fees have always varied from 8%~17% based on the event. This is not true because up until last week, the seller fees have been 10% on every single listings I sold. Also some listings that I created a few weeks ago (that havent been sold yet) still shows a payout of 10% seller fees when I go to my listings page, but when I try to create a new listing for the same exact event the seller fee for the new listing equals to 13%. So it is definitely not based on the event type. 

Highlighted
Umpire

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10%

I get that its a huge increase but its what they charge. There are lots of options out there. Not sure why anyone is feeling "stuck". Price your tickets correctly and you can sell just about anywhere. 

Umpire

Too many marketplaces in 2019 to stress the biggest or smallest one. Especially one that makes the claim process super easy for the buyer and super time consuming and difficult for the seller.

eBay owns Stubhub... 

Stagehand

I've seen the same thing. Up until last week, I was being charged 10%, now I'm being charged 15%. And that is true, even though my most recent sales have been for less than earlier sales. Not impressed with StubHub's lack of transparency with this, and I will be searching for different providers in the future.

Backup Singer

Me too
New User

Noticed that my fees went up to 13% as well.  I only noticed this after a few sales went through, and only because I stumbled across this thread in the community forum while actually looking into an unrelated issue.  I had no idea.

As far as I can tell I didn't receive any notification from Stubhub.  If I did, it was certainly buried deep in the terms of service, which is basically an attempt at deception anyway.

Stubhub, not that you particularly care about user satisfaction, but I am not impressed with the change.  I'm even less impressed with the way it was implemented in a sneaky fashion.  And I'm most unimpressed with the continued lack of transparency around seller fees.

Rookie

I have been selling tickets for years on StubHub. Crazy part of this is. they increase the fees at a time when they face the most competition. I for one, will be removing my listings from stubhub and using a competitor. I used to just use them for buying, since they don't charge fees to buyers. But with that discount to the buyer and a standard 10% fee to the seller, why not.

a 50% increase overnight is ludacris. I was not aware and this cost me on multiple sales. No matter what "Random"ness there is to this I always sold at 10%. Have made multiple sales in the last 2 weeks, all were at 15%.

Please let me know when this goes away and I may come back.

- Brentson

Pit Crew

Oh man I was shocked too the first time I say it, but i have come to terms and understand that operational cost increase every day as well as for some of the event more support is required so having spoken to them regrding this, I  do believe an email was sent out, as I believe I read this, I won't lie I'm not please to be paying more but I do get where they are coming an in this economy everything is going up, I believe they are trying to remain competitive and they also lowered the fee as now it is between 8 - 17 % so some times we will be paying less I for one am happy about that.

Zamboni Driver

What ?!?

Zamboni Driver

You clearly work for Stubhub

Oh man I was shocked too the first time I say it, but i have come to terms and understand that operational cost increase every day as well as for some of the event more support is required so having spoken to them regrding this, I  do believe an email was sent out, as I believe I read this, I won't lie I'm not please to be paying more but I do get where they are coming an in this economy everything is going up, I believe they are trying to remain competitive and they also lowered the fee as now it is between 8 - 17 % so some times we will be paying less I for one am happy about that.