cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
Rick33
Team Mascot

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10%

This is all very disappointing.  I can relate to a lot of the messages, and frustrations noted here.  Lack of transparency, and vague answers to our fair questions on how/why fees are calculated and set - makes me want to use other sites.  Hope they go back to the standard fee rate of 10%.

gaugie999
Stagehand

Do what i do, i used to list 100 percent of tickets through stub hub but since stub hub can care less about the sellers I now list around 10 percent of my inventory on stub hub. This company has really gone downhill they remind me of aol 

Kbans
New User

Seller fees are based on sellers not events and it appears to be random. I listed. A ticket and was going to be charged 13% so I deleted my listing and sent the tickets to a family member who never used stubhub to sell tickets before. He listed the tickets and had a 10% seller fee for the exact same tickets so the event/venue reason for different fees is a complete lie. Stubhub is choosing to charge some customers more or less. I have also seen some buyer fees that are now over 30%. So stubhub wants 15% from seller and 30% from buyers

Liberty805
Zamboni Driver

My blood is still boiling over this. Basically, stubhub is saying they don't want any part of the medium sized ticket sellers. They have special policies for the super high-end folks, the ones who do over $50K per year, and I doubt they are affected by this, at least not that much. It's the super small time folks, the ones who just try to unload an extra ticket here and there, and often lose money, that stubhub seems to crave. Those folks won't even notice the money grab as they're just happy if they can get anything back for what would be an unused ticket. 

It's the folks like me, that regularly do maybe up to a hundred transactions (or more) on stubhub each year, that for whatever reason, stubhub wants to do away with. I don't understand it. Every single ticket I have ever sold on stubhub has been a valid ticket and I always ship hard copy tickets the same day. But stubhub has told me loud and clear that they don't want my business anymore. I simply can't accept or afford a 30-50% hike in what stubhub takes. I just listed a ton of tickets on stubhub's competitors and really hope they sell.

upsetsixersfan
New User

This is unbelievable. I just realized that for the past three sales I made I was charged 15% instead of the standard 10% I have been charged for the past 3 years of having my season tickets. I am especially upset as my team, the Philadelphia 76ers, are directly affiliated with StubHub and use them as their sole ticket resell marketplace. The fact that StubHub decided to change their fee schedule overnight, did not communicate it to the mass public - especially frequent sellers - and still cannot transparently describe their fee structure if borderline illegal. If this was any other industry they would have already been blasted by the media and fined by regulators for lack of transparency and decieving sales practices. Needlesss to say, I plan on addressing this with the Philadelphia 76ers...

jbeliles
Rookie

AND GET THIS, MY FELLOW SELLERS....FOR THE REALLY BIG GUYS WHO USE APPS TO LIST ON MULTIPLE SITES SH ONLY CHSRGES THEM 10% ACROSS THE BOARD.  SAYING"OUR SYSTEM CAN'T VARY THE % ON SELLERS LIKE THAT."   SO THEY REWARD THOSE WHO HAVE NO LOYALTY TO THEM..  START SPREADING YOUR LISTINGS TO OTHER SITES.  I AM.  HORRIBLE UNFAIR POLICY, SERVICE

Beej1953
Rookie

I listed my Houston Texans tickets on SH all season, since I moved and kept my season tickets for now. Started season at 10% SH commission, then was changed to 15% about 2/3 of the way through the season, with absolutely zero forewarning or notification. Plan to go elsewhere next season if I decide to keep my season tix a little longer.

Any suggestions? Looks like Ticketmaster charges 15%, so that's no better. Maybe eBay?

Flyerscup1974
Zamboni Driver

They take 50% on every ticket they sell. There is no way that it costs them this much to run their site. They are punishing their most loyal sellers, many of whom have never once listed a bad ticket or had a canceled transaction, so it is a bold faced lie that they need to increase their seller fee to these people in order to guarantee their tickets. 

Highlighted
hillkill
Umpire

I get that its a huge increase but its what they charge. There are lots of options out there. Not sure why anyone is feeling "stuck". Price your tickets correctly and you can sell just about anywhere. 

benz818
Pit Crew

Too many marketplaces in 2019 to stress the biggest or smallest one. Especially one that makes the claim process super easy for the buyer and super time consuming and difficult for the seller.