Start a Discussion
Adrianne
Backup Singer

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10%

Me too
Liberty805
Zamboni Driver

I just received the familiar "You've sold your tickets" email, and for the first time ever, instead of being happy to get this email, I'm sad, disappointed and angry. While I'm moving all future ticket inventory to more reasonable ticket reselling platforms, I left the few sales I had already listed on stubhub there. (The ones before I realized this heinous 30% price hike money grab.) So yeah, they'll all eventually sell, as one did this morning, but it just pisses me off as I look at my payout and see the 30% extra that I'm not getting. Yet it is me, not stubhub, who takes 100% of the risk with these tickets. If they don't sell, I lose everything, stubhub nothing. Or if they sell below my cost, I lose money, yet stubhub still makes money. Please stubhub, realize the errors of your ways. You bring in over a billion dollars every year. We all know the real reason for the money grab was because eBay is hurting a bit and has nothing to do with the costs of advertising and buyer guarantee. You take 30-50% on every transaction, that is way more than enough!

Highlighted
hillkill
Umpire

Again pretty safe to say Stubhub is now one of the highest priced resale platforms. The site is suffering from an overload of inventory anyways. Sales are not what they used to be and the overall sale total has dropped dramatically. Price accordingly and you will have success on any online platform. No need to be dependent.

CASeller123456
New User

The bottom line is that StubHub does not care about the sellers or the buyers and all that matters to them is $$$. Their fee structure is non transparent, the customer service has gone down the drain and they have a shrinking market share. The only way they will learn is if most sellers start using other platforms for listing their tickets. There are some sites like Flash Tickets whose fees are very reasonable. I have been using Stubhub for over 10 years because of the ease of listing tickets and the website is very easy to navigate. But after these sneaky fee increases that sellers were not made aware of it is time to look at other options. Last week I contacted them for a buying issue and the customer service lady was not helpful at all to the point that she was actually rude. 

bmsully612
New User

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10% (from 10% to 15% like overnight)

Noting everyone's comments, I agree zero transparency, zero communication and willy nilly implementation of the fees. I've done comparisons to numerous other sellers and all have replied with varying degrees of what was changed when. Folks, this has nothing to do with the event, the price, the seat location, margin - its seller-based with no honest criteria being provided. I'm in the process of moving all our inventory to TicketNetwork. 10% seller fee. Lots of eyes on the listings. Let the group know if anyone gets a conclusive answer from SH.

CBash
Rookie

Re: Seller fees increased to 13% from 10% (from 10% to 15% like overnight)

WOW! Are you guys KIDDING?   I have been selling tickets on stubhub since 2005 with over $15 million dollars in sales over that period of time!  Now you guys are charigng more than other rip off artists like Vivid Seats??!

Hey Guess what.. Seat Geek , Tickpick, and Gametime charge 0 % to 4 % on their sites.  Tickets sell there just fine.  Starting to expirment to see how life with no stubhub goes, so far so good!.  Hopefully will have all inventory off from  you guys in the next 2 monts.  Done with your greedy policies.  Not like it was a few years ago where we needed stubhub to survive.  Your stupid moronic policies opened the door for your competition and now the gates will come crashing in.  Best of luck!

MarkL
New User

Re: Selling Fees

There are other platforms to sell tickets. I would strongly advocate going back to the 10% fee. I have taken down all of my listings.
CyberBaked
Team Mascot

Re: Selling Fees

Buyer's fee structure changed as well. I've done exactly two transactions on StubHub so FAR less experience than many of you posting. However, I sold a ticket earlier this year and it was at the 15%. I was okay with it though as I still made around $50 profit on the ticket. However, I bought a pair of tickets in 2014 (same band I had an extra to sell more recently funny enough) and the buyer's fees were MUCH less than now.
Current interest is a GA Floor ticket for Metallica here in Raleigh. Listed price is $171. So assuming 15% (but hey, it can vary) StubHub is getting $25.65 in fees on that side. Then on the buyer's side it's listed with $44.66 Service Fee AND $5.25 Fullfillment Fee. So SH is collecting a total of $75.56 on a ticket listed for $171 or approximately 44%! 
That listing was for a hardcopy ticket to be sent by UPS (which is how I sold my ticket I mentioned previously.) I checked a couple of other listings and it appears to be a flat market of $26.12% on the buyer's fees alone. The "fulfillment fee" went down to $2.50 for a instant mobile vs. a UPS one. 
Their fee structure has become as vile as Live Nation/Ticket Master. I will definitely be searching for other resale places from now on. 

cmc315
Waterboy

I just came here to search about this.  I was just listing a few of my games - I'm a season ticket holder - and the fees for the new games I'm listing are higher than all of my current listings.  These fees are ridiculously high already - it's comical how much more Stub Hub charges than Ticketmaster.  I have my season tickets listed in both places and I compared last week.  For example, if I list my two tickets at $200 each on Stub Hub, I get back $340 total.  That's a SIXTY dollar service fee.  If I list those same tickets on Ticketmaster Resale - I get $380. That's a TWENTY dollar service fee.  Huge difference.

I don't even try to make a profit from my tickets, but to break even using Stub Hub, I have to price them super high.  It's ridiculous.

More importantly is the lack of notification that this was happening.  My old listings seem to be "grandfathered" in.  I knew I'd be listing more - and would have done it earlier, had I known this was coming.

dtam724
New User

Same here, just noticed the increase from 10 to 15% as well.  to heck with stubhub then