cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We love hearing from our fans and are always looking for ways to better our site for everyone.  Please feel free to share your suggestions or feedback for the StubHub site in this thread!

Nats
Pit Crew

Seat Map / Best Value Issue

Long story short Stubhub deleted an entire section from the Washington Nationals map then when they put it back online I think all of the historical pricing data was lost (which is how they figure out "best seats" and "best value") and now it is being very, very mischaracterized.  The section number is weird and even though it's maybe the best seats in the stadium it is being characterized by the software as the worst.  Any way to get this fixed quickly?  And to speak with someone because it's quite complicated because makes sense when you are looking at the map.

AllyD
Community Manager

Re: Seat Map / Best Value Issue

Hey @Nats! Unfortunately, we are unable to edit where your tickets fall under Best Value/ Best Seats as it is based off algorithms but we are happy to pass this feedback along to be reviewed. We appreciate you reaching out!

Nats
Pit Crew

Unfortunately the algorithm for this is flawed (I know through other seats) but that's not really my issue at all.

The (very flawed) algorithm was working reasonably well for years until somehow these seats were removed from the Stubhub map -- without telling sellers! -- weeks ago.  I only noticed by chance and successfully got Stubhub to fix the map.  But apparently some combination of the below has now changed the Best Value calculation in a way that is far, far, far different than before the removal/glitch from a few weeks ago:

1)  The historical algorithm data/pricing must have been erased or is no longer being used for this section

and/or

2)  The data being used for best value is wrong and is based on the section number which is unfortunately similar to another section -- although the two sections are completely different.  

It's some combination of 1 and 2, probably both.  Someone needs to go in manually and make sure that the sections are separate for "Best Value" calculations.  Because they are very, very different.  But the data is corrupting and combining them via human error.  

Nats
Pit Crew

Just to clarify how messed up the algorithm / best seats thing is now for the stadium:

Front row seats on the field (best seats in the house) now rate significantly worse than seats 30 rows behind them. Same place relative to home plate but 10 feet from 3rd base versus 40 rows up. The 40 rows up seats rate significantly better according to Stubhub right now. This changed recently thanks to a glitch where the entire section was temporarily deleted from the map. It’s very annoying and not helping buyers or sellers.
Knowledge
Stubber

@Nats We're sending these details over to our technical team to see what they can do to resolve that. Thanks for following up on this.

MarshaMallow
Zamboni Driver

Re: StubHub Suggestions and Feedback

Can you explain how to change your username within StubHub Community?

AllyD
Community Manager

Hey @MarshaMallow! Changing your username is something we will have to do on our end so i will reach out to you via private message so we can get that updated for you!

Brace
Coach

This was also mentioned a couple weeks ago, but I'd like to add some more to it.

I've noticed a delay in evets being added. It would be great if there was a self service option for users to add shows.

There would of course need to be some admin approval, we could provide a link for that. This would save the devolpers time in creating hundreds of events. We all see how backed up they get.

Ther interface for the user would have an option to add a performer from a dictionary and a location from a list.

Where ir might get tricky is if a seat map would need to be updated, but this would not happen all of the time.

What are your thoughts on this?

AllyD
Community Manager

We are currently working on ways to make this a faster and smoother process and we think your recommendation is a great idea and we will definitely take this into consideration! Thank you @Brace!

scottsurface
Coach

Paul Simon Hollywood bowl

https://www.stubhub.com/event/103468556?sort=price+asc

Paul Simon Hollywood bowl has two dates. The seating map clearly misvalues the terrace tickets and places an incredilby low value on them over other tickets. 

I have for sale two terrace seats and the "value" rating is terrible in relation to other seats. Additonally, because of this error, it suggest a $32 per ticket listing price. 

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here