cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Waterboy

Value indicator

Stub Hub's algorithm for determining value is wrong.  The value is the actual value based on the original cost of the tickets vs the sale price, or at least that is my assumption.  At Dodger Stadium tickets in the Field VIP section 24 to 25 (between 1st and 3rd base) Rows A to H are priced much higher than seats in the same section Row J to Z considered the Field MVP section, yet they receive the same value if they are the same price.  This totally under values my season seats in the VIP section.  As a long time Stub Hub user (both buying and selling) this is NOT right.  I suggest you scrap this feature until you can get it right.

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Value indicator

Hey, @terrytal! We will make sure to forward this feedback our dev teams that handle the algorithms for best value.  Apologies for any inconvenience.

Waterboy

I have the pricing matrix for Dodgers season tickets for next year if that would help them.  Let me know.  I don't know if it is confidential information or not.  It seems to me that ticket pricing should be public info.

The algorithms are generally set based on previous sales data and history.  The face value of the tickets generally doesn't come into play, but we will private message you as we're always happy to send them any information that could help make these as accurate as possible.

Re: The Value Meter is a JOKE!!! Top Seller SALES ARE AWFUL!

100% agree with OP here. The value meter is not only completely misleading but it will change from one concert or game to the next when comparing exact same seats, sections, rows. It is clearly being manipulated to give the upper hand to the largest of the large sellers. While I understand rewarding your top tier producers it is wrong to do so by hurting the rest of your sellers and at the same time confusing the majority of your buyers.

Waterboy

Value meter unfare and misleading to buyers, possible bias?

It seems as if this ticket is priced lower and in a better seat (image below), yet the value shows as 2/5 bars...

The other tickets are selling for even more and further back rows is showing up as full value. 

this is very misleading to customers as the value for the bar is said to be based on price , historical data and location. 

is stubhub value bars bias to top seller? 

stub hub bias value bar

Waterboy

Re: Value meter unfare and misleading to buyers

image not showing above but here is the link to it: https://ibb.co/4MNcCLz

stubhub.jpeg

Re: Value meter unfare and misleading to buyers, possible bias?

Hi, @invictus2006

We do appreciate the feedback on our processes. The value bar is not specific to a level of a seller and is based on price, historical data, and location. This would appear to be more of a potential issue so we'll be glad to have it review further. I'll send you a PM so we can gather some details and have our technical team take a look. 

Thank you. 

New User

I'm going to add my 2 cents here too.  I have had the same experiences echoed by many on this issue.  An example: my seats are in Row 10A at Memorial Stadium in Norman for Oklahoma Games.  In real life that translates to Row 11.  The system would have a buyer believe that my Row 10A seats are in some way worth 1/4 less that the next row down for a recent game with the tickets sharing the same "value" rating.  A difference of $54 per seat in this one is fairly significant, and becomes a huge loss in more major events.  It needs to be scrapped or at least shelved until it can account for issues like mine.

Zamboni Driver

I am not part of Stubhubs “Top Seller” but I do about $150k in sales annually. I agree completely about this “value seats” system being completely broke. Additionally Stubhub has no outlet for me to give them specific feedback showing them numerous listings that are way off base according to their meter.
I have tickets listed for an event that are at a theater in a private box that sits approximately 10 rows from the stage and you are elevated about 12 feet over the crowd so there is no visual obstruction to the performer and these tickets have a face value of $190. In addition these are hands down the best seats in the theater just because if there location cost and privacy you get. However another seller has tickets in the Orchestra 2 row 18 which is actually 22 rows from the stage and these tickets have a face value of $125. I know these exact prices as I have tickets in both sections. I am selling my private box seats at $248 and I am at 2 of 5 bars. The other seller is selling his at $278 and he is at 5 of 5 bars. I call Stubhub and the lady puts me on hold and then returns with some cockamamy story about why the system does work....I realized quickly that she does not understand that I am selling more expensive seats, closer to the stage, for less money but my tickets are a bad deal vs. the other seller selling less expensive seats for more money and further from the stage! I just politely exited the conversation as I realized you cannot fix stupid. Did I say I love Vivid and so do my sales as I am at about a 70/30 split now with Vivid selling more of my tickets. Thank you Vivid Seats!