cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjd
Team Mascot

I'm unable to change my location using the drop down on the right.

My profile shows that I'm in St. Louis however the default location when I login shows Dallas, Texas and I am not able to change it.  I've heard that this is set by IP address which could be anywhere since my company has many locations across the country however I only deal with events locally.  I just tried searching for St. Louis Cardinal tickets an it only showed me events being held in Texas.  Quite frustrating not to be able to change this.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I'm unable to change my location using the drop down on the right.

Hey, @jjd

Thanks for reaching out to us here on StubHub Community. Smiley Happy

The default location that pulls on a web browser is IP based and will automatically show for events in/around the location that is identified. However, you can change this if you'd like. Under "Profile" is the location setting and that can be changed to where you are or the city the event could be in. Here is what it looks like: 

If you use our app though, this will set the default location based on your info or if you change it to another city, it will stay that way.

This is good feedback for our processes though. I'll be sure to have this shared up for review and consideration. 

One thing to note about our search as well is that if there is a specific team you're looking at but unsure of what date, enter the full name or select it from our drop-down menu that appears. I search for St. Louis Cardinals exactly that way and only pulled up their home games. Click here if you're still needing tickets! 

jjd
Team Mascot

Thanks for your quick response and feedback however I still am unable to change locations.  Even though I am logged into my Stubhub account it still shows Sign In and Dallas, TX.  There is a down arrow next to location however it cannot be changed (nothing happens when I click on it).  My home page when logging into Stubhub shows  (I tried snipping and pasting but could not paste in this message)

Sell     My Tickets    Sign In

Dallas, TX

Even though I am logged in it still shows Sign In on this page.  If I click on the sign in area it takes me directly to my profile page which shows I am in St. Louis.  On that page it shows:

Sell tickets    My tickets    Profile

Under profile it shows:  My Hub, Activity Feed, Friends, Gift Codes, Settings and Sign out.

I can manage to find a work around for this however it is frustrating.  Also, I did search on St. Louis Cardinals but again it showed me all the games for any team listed as Cardinals in Texas.  To find the game I was looking for I had to type in St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Angels. 

Again, thanks for your help.   

@jjd - Odd that is happening. Try clearing your cache & cookies with restarting your web browser or using another browser. I dug around on this to try and duplicate what you're experiencing but wasn't able too. Shoot me a PM if it continues though. 

jjd
Team Mascot

@CameronJ - No worries.  I'm guessing it could possibly be something connected to our firewall and security also.  I did try logging in through Firefox rather than Internet Explorer.  It worked a little better but still won't show St. Louis as location.  I'm getting closer though - when I picked my location it changed to Dearing, KS.  I'm able to click on the down arrow for location in Firefox however can only choose Current Location which then makes it Dearing, KS. 

Just tried again since it appears there is a spot to type in a location (cursor blinking above find location).  I typed in Saint Louis, MO and at least got Lake Saint Louis which does pull all of the games I'm looking for. 

Thanks again for your help!!

Hmm... That is very interesting and I will have this looked into to make sure our fans are having a great user experience with our site. So sorry for the issues, @jjd. Let us know if this issue continues but feel free to PM me or any of our moderators if having any difficulty finding an event you want to purchase or sell for! Smiley Happy