cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travelnash
Waterboy

Charged incorrectly in USD and super frustrated with support's response

I purchased tickets to a concert in Toronto, Canada. I only ever buy tickets in CAD, and in the past, I have never had to change my currency manually on the website or my profile, it's just always worked and purchased for me in CAD.

On my bank statement however, the amount I thought I was paying was interpreted as USD and converted to CAD, costing me around $50 more than I expected to pay.

I have contacted support and have received the same templated response five times basically saying it's my fault, the event was listed in USD and I would need to manually change my currency (which I've never had to do in the past). They don't even read your question and address it, they just send the same templated response, I assume it is an AI response rather than a human.

What's more annoying about this is Stubhub's own support articles state that "events are listed in that country's currency. For example, tickets in Canada are in Canadian dollars."

See here: https://support.stubhub.com/articles/61000276683-bank-statement-shows-i-was-charged-more-for-tickets

So what support are saying makes no sense, this event took place in Canada, so there's no reason why the tickets should have been listed in USD.

They've overcharged me, the user experience on the website was inconsistent with their own support articles, and their support agents don't properly read your query and just tell you it's your own fault. Ridiculous experience.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here