cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kacz
Team Mascot

Different Name shown on ticket for event

I just bought two tickets for an event at Saenger Theater in New Orleans in a couple of weeks, and the tickets were emailed to me with the name "Hayley Smith" on both tickets. 

I did not put that name anywhere, and the email giving me my tickets referred to me as my own name. 

Does anyone know why this is?

These are VIP tickets, so I really don't want to risk an issue with them.

4 REPLIES 4
Melpik
Legend

Re: Different Name shown on ticket for event

Hi @Kacz 

Stubhub is a third party site. The names on the ticket are probably those of the original buyer of the tickets and thus your seller.  The name on the ticket should not be an issue as most venues do not check names and are only interested in scanning the barcode.

Kacz
Team Mascot

Makes sense, thank you! 

Jowell1213
New User

This may be the case in the US but I am struggling with the same issue for Taylor Swift in Milan in June. StubHub sent an email stating that the ticket name must match the person who is attending the event. I’m concerned this isn’t going to happen.
Kacz
Team Mascot

I think we are fine. The QR code should be all that matters.
I found this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/stubhub/comments/1ax2yl2/eras_tour_singapore_stub_hub_ticket_with_wrong/

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here