cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rookie

Fake or duplicate printed tickets?

I just bought tickets that has a UPS delivery method. How can I make sure that the seller didn’t print or make multiples copies of these tickets? I don’t want to be surprised when I get to the concert to see someone else in my seats. First time buying resale tix so this is very nerve-wracking. Help?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Fake or duplicate printed tickets?

Hello,
If they are UPS, chances are they are hard stock tickets, but even if they do end up being printed PDFs, I wouldn't worry about them being invalid.
Stubhub holds their sellers to very high standards and charge a 40% penalty or replacement costs to the seller if the tickets are invalid, on top of that you are protected by the StubHub FanProtect Guarantee, ensuring that the tickets will gain you valid entry to the event and seating as advertised!
In the rare event that the tickets are invalid you'll receive comparable replacements your money back!

I have bought and sold many tickets on StubHub and can remember the feeling of uncertainty when I bought my first tickets also. Rest assured that you are in good hands and the majority of buyers have a flawless experience. In the rare chance that you do have an issue, StubHub has your back and will correct the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. People often travel long distances to get to events and StubHub, as well as the seller of your tickets want the transaction/experience to be perfect. 

With that, as mentioned in the previous comment, StubHub guarantees your tickets. Its likely that if you get to the event, you will not find someone in your seats if you have gained entry into the event. When your tickets are scanned, they cannot be scanned again for entry, the second patron trying to gain entry with that ticket will not be granted access to the venue as they will be informed the tickets were already used. 

If this happens to happen to you, you cannot gain entry into the event, call Stubhub immediately to get the issue resolved. They will get you replacement tickets to your satisfaction or issue you a refund. Sellers have no benefit from double selling tickets because if you have any issues, the seller will get charged 40% of the sales price on top of getting charged back the sales amount. 

I'd say with confidence that you'd likely not have any issues, however, if you do, there is support available through stubhub and they are on top of their game in this area! You should be just fine! Smiley Happy 

Conductor

The best part about Stubhub, as noted above, is the fan guarantee. Millions and millions of tickets are sold seamlessly on here, I wouldn't worry about the integrity of the seller as they would have no benefit to try and make a copy, they will ultimately have to pay penalties well above their take on the tickets and that would not benefit them at all.

Enjoy the show!

New User

I got to the Houston performance of Swan Lake to find another person in my seat. Both of us had legitimate tickets. The other person bought her ticket direct from Houston Ballet and she got to remain in her seat. We had to move. Not happy about spending so much money to Stub Hub and NOT get the seats I paid the BIG bucks for. I suggest buying direct from the venue.
Stubber

Hello @ArtsEnthusiats, thanks for reaching out!  My apologies for the experience!  That's not what we expect when a Fan purchases tickets with us, at all.  I will send you a private message to get some more information to have this investigated right away!  

Quarterback

@ArtsEnthusiats Did the venue explain how you and the other party both had the same exact seats? I know there are rare instances where venues/Ticketmaster erroneously sell the same seat twice but those instances are few and far between nowadays. It used to occur more frequently but I think technology has limited that issue to rare at best.