cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion
pgree
Team Mascot

Ticket Transfer advice/how to

I recently purchased tix for Ed Sheeran in Minneapolis.  I am unable to attend the show and have the tickets on my mobile app.  If I just “send” them to a friend through the app, will he be able to use them?

Thanks.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Ticket Transfer advice/how to

Absolutely!  If you send or transfer the tickets in the app it will create a new "order" under your friend's account for him to access the tickets.

benjgross
New User

Transferring Tickets not Purchased on Stubhub

I have physical tickets to a UT football game. I know that I can upload the barcode number and create an electronic ticket through the selling process, but is it possible to upload the barcode number and create an electronic ticket to transfer the ticket directly to a friend rather than listing it for sale?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Transferring Tickets not Purchased on Stubhub

Hey @benjgross! Unfortunately, there isn't any way for us to generate this ticket for you unless it's being sold on our site. We're very sorry about that!

chrisohea
New User

How can I transfer my tickets to a friend?

I purchased Mobile tickets for Saturdays Yankee Game and need to transfer them to a friend who is coming to town with her family

I don't see an option to transfer and will not be attending the game with them. Someone told me to screenshot and send as a text. Is that correct?

Moderator Moderator

Re: How can I transfer my tickets to a friend?

Yes indeed. That would work just fine for entry. 😊

mmo
New User

Re: transfer a portion of mobile tickets from a single order

having same problem with Red Sox tickets.   FYI,  Last year I bought tickets for SF Giants.  In 2018 SFG Tickets come with the option to share or transfer mobile tickets one at a time to others in your group just like Cameron described.  All shared by simple texting.  No app required.  Friends just show screen, and can even download to Apple wallet.  nice!  

2019 Red Sox Tickets:   I just bought group of tickets to a game in Boston (Fenway) for this year.  I can only share or transfer the whole block of 6 tickets in the order.  It will not let me share a portion of the order.  Also, no option to use Wallet app.  

I also could not find a way to make it work from a computer.  

I thought about work around by taking screen shots of individual tickets and forwarding the "photos" to friends.  Tickets are a little too tall for the phone screen.  . 

Moderator Moderator

Re: transfer a portion of mobile tickets from a single order

Hey, @mmo

Apologies if you're not getting the same transfer experience from one team to another. I'm happy to review this further and figure out our options. 

I'll shoot you a PM right now so we can. 

Thanks! 

Ehen
Team Mascot

Transferring mobile tickets

How can I transfer mobile tickets to a friend?
Moderator Moderator

Re: Transferring mobile tickets

Hello @Ehen,

I moved your post to this existing thread as it contains a plethora of helpful information. If you're still unable to get these tickets sent to your friend, please send me or any Community Moderator a private message (with your email address and zip code on file) so we can help further. Thank you!