cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brenda
Rookie
Answered! Go to solution

How does StubHub ensure that the seller does not enter the venue with the QR code before the buyer?

Once I got my electronic tickets and I saw that they were a simple QR code from Ticketmaster I started to get a bit concerned. What if the seller was sneaky and tried to make some money of off his/her tickets and enters the venue with the QR code before me? Would I be able to enter the venue? I suppose not. How does StubHub ensure that this doesn't happen? And, under this scenario, what does StubHub do? Refund the buyer? Not?

Thank you in advance,

Brenda

2 REPLIES 2
Paul
Answered! Go to solution

Re: How does StubHub ensure that the seller does not enter the venue with the QR code before the ...

No need to worry, Brenda. It's rare that there are issues and QR codes are very common these days. You shouldn't have any problems at all and in the case where there are concerns, we've got your back with our FanProtect Guarantee  https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp. If the tickets don't work we'll look into that with you and either find replacements or you'll get a full refund. 🙂

ticketmvp
Headliner
Answered! Go to solution

Re: How does StubHub ensure that the seller does not enter the venue with the QR code before the buy

Just to follow up with this issue. Reputable sellers would never do that to a buyer. There's always a chance that someone could do that but all sellers have to provide credit cards on the site so doing this would a) result in charges to the seller's credit card and b) possible and probable removal from the site to sell tickets especially for a new seller trying to make a quick buck. Those kinds of sellers get weeded out real quick.