cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New User
Answered! Go to solution

Refund for a show that passed but says TBA

I bought shows for a comedy show back in 2019 and because of corona and the comedian's personal history the show was rescheduled to September 18, 2020. The show never ended up happening and wasn't even on the Improv Club's website yet Stubhub has it as "event status: TBA." Has anyone else been through this? I don't think the show will be rescheduled and would like my money back. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Olympian
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Refund for a show that passed but says TBA

Hi NSP

As the date for the event has passed but the event has not yet been rescheduled it will show as TBA.  If the event ends up being rescheduled your tickets will be good for the new date.  If the event ends up being cancelled then you will be entitled to a refund/credit voucher.

Highlighted
Waterboy
Answered! Go to solution

Well, who do ask about a time limit?

My show has been listed as "TBA" for more than half a year....

Highlighted
Olympian
Answered! Go to solution

The decision to reschedule lies with the artist or in this case the comedian, the venue and the promoter. Unfortunately StubHub does not have a say in the determining the rescheduled date.

Highlighted
New User
Answered! Go to solution

I'm in a similar situation with my event. I know other people that already received refunds from other ticket outlets.

Highlighted
Olympian
Answered! Go to solution

Hi Alltlebit

Each site has their own policies for refunds.  Some primary sites, such as Ticketmaster which sells sites on behalf of the artist and the venues have offered refunds before an event is rescheduled.  Stubhub is a secodary marketplace and as such must protect both the buyers and the sellers.  They have decided to not offer refunds until an event is cancelled.  This protects the seller who has made a sale.  If the event is cancelled then the buyer can get a refund/credit voucher.  But not if the event is postponed.  If postponed you are in limbo.