cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garciamonge
New User

Stubhub sent me the wrong tickets for Hamiton and ruined my experience.

On September 22nd I bought 2 tickets for the September 24th presentation of Hamilton on Broadway.  Second row, center section, USD 464

On September 24th at 5 pm Eastern Time, the tickets still hadn't arrived, so I contacted the StubHub support chat.

Stubhub offered me at 5.45 pm was to choose other tickets since my second-row tickets hadn't been sent. I chose tickets in row 6 center section.

Upon arriving at the theater, at 6.45 pm, fifteen minutes before the show, we found out that the tickets received were for the fifth row but side section with a partial view of the stage. This was not what I originally paid for (row 2) nor what I accepted as an exchange (row 6) in both case center sections.

On my way back from the theater I contacted the support chat again, and they told me that since I had already used the tickets they could only compensate me with a coupon for 25% of the value paid usable at a future event, something that is useless in my case considering that I am a tourist who does not travel frequently to places where StubHub offers tickets. The reason? I had already used the tickets, so they couldn't refund me.

How could I know before I got to the theater and validated my tickets that they were not what I had paid for, that they were in a side section and with a partial view?

They told me I should have contacted them before or during the event to report the problem. I did this, before the show and during the intermission, but I couldn't continue with that because that would mean bothering the rest of the attendees or missing the show I had paid for. Was I supposed to guess that the tickets had a partial view and, therefore, not use them?

Stubhub has managed to ruin my NYC vacation experience, which was going to be crowned with Hamilton. They don't comply, they make mistakes, but the responsibility is mine.

Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here