cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Umpire

Tickets

Will ticket prices lower as it becomes closer to the concert/event date?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Tickets

Hello @shilabui,

Predicting the price of tickets is like trying to predict the stock market, it's just really hard to know what it will do. 

Ticket prices go up and down based on supply and demand... First, check on ticketmaster (if that is where the tickets went on sale originally), if the event is sold out, it's likely the prices will rise as the event nears... this may cause a significant rise in the last week to two weeks leading up to the event. It could be sold out and still go down, or you get lucky and find a buy that is hot to sell some tickets and just drops the price to get rid of them...

There are other factors... Like I said, even if its sold out, the prices could still drop considerably... I have some Elton John tickets for sale that are in a sold out venue, but the prices keep dropping. However, I have Elton John tickets in the next city over, also sold out, and the ticket prices keep going up...

In sum, It's just really hard to predict the market. StubHub has some cool features, like price alerts that you can utilize. However, be quick if you do use price alerts because tickets sell quickly at good prices! 

I hope this helps!

New User

No. I am worried that the tickets I bought that say Ticketmaster and have another person's name on might be double sold or not valid somehow.
Stubber

Hey @CC64!  No worries, we have your back!  The name you see on your tickets is the name of the original purchaser, who bought them from Ticketmaster.  That will have no bearing on your entry into your event.  StubHub is marketplace where Fans go to sell and buy tickets.  We don't actually own the tickets you purchased, you purchased them from another Fan!  Your purchase is covered by our FanProtect Guarantee  https://www.stubhub.com/legal/?section=fp.  If you do not receive the tickets on time, or in the rare instance that there is an issue with the tickets, reach out to us right away!  We'll do our best to replace your order with comparable tickets, or you're entitled to a refund!  Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of the Moderators here on Community should you need any assistance!