cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Start a Discussion

Why bother having a best seat ranking tool if it never works?

I understand your "algorithms" are based on "18 years of historical data", but can someone tell me how seats in the 400's of MSG (The worst seats in the arena), are ranked as better seats than section 108 (the single most sought after section for any concert at MSG)? Also, why are so many limited/obstructed view seats not labled as such?

If an algorithm changes from show to show with this much variation then by definition its not an algorithm. Regardless of what StubHub says on this subject, the current ranking system does nothing but confuse buyers and harm certain sellers. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.01.16 PM.png

6 Comments
twisn621
Zamboni Driver

Re: Why bother having a best seat ranking tool if it never works?

I've wondered the same thing  , same thing with best deal

ticketmvp
Jockey

In that particular case a lot probably has to do with the prices which are considerably lower than those in section 108. It obviously has a lot of flaws, but in this particular instance I can see why it is ranked the way it is.

@ticketmvp, This is a direct quote from StubHub Management "Price has no effect on 'Best Seat' rankings". This is not 'Best Value' this is 'Best Seats'. Not only are the 400's at MSG behind the stage, but anything behind row 3 and you have ZERO view of the stage. Additionally, if you factor in acoustics the sound in the 400's is equivalent to sticking your head in your bathroom toilet while having the stereo on in the living room. I have seen well over 500 concerts in my lifetime at MSG and hve also been a NYR season ticket holder for 20+ years. There is no way to justify this one. As far as value goes, someone would have to pay me to sit in the 400's for a concert at MSG.

ticketmvp
Jockey

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I misunderstood your original post and thought you were talking about the value ranking. I personally don't think StubHub should even have the best value or best seats categories on ticket listings. They are misleading and too subjective to begin with.

Highlighted

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 12.59.15 PM.pngHere is another concert at MSG with the best seats completely the opposite of the last show. Stage setup is the same. This further proves that the best seats meter is NOT generated by an algorithm. 

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 1.10.59 PM.pngHere is another that defies any kind of logic or reason. I have seats in 106 row A (front row about 25 feet from the front of the stage, Full View), yet seats in section 131 row L (which are about 350 feet from the stage) are somehow ranked as superior seats. Can anyone here tell me they would rather sit in section 131 over section 106?