cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjosleyn
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Fenway Park Concert Obstructed View

Does anyone know what are the best seats (besides the turf) for seeing a concert at Fenway Park? I want to make sure my view was not obstructed. Are the field box seats or Loge seats good?
6 REPLIES 6
Bigbadtom
Jockey
Answered! Go to solution

Re: Fenway Park Concert Obstructed View

Hello. I would prefer the field box. The first few rows of the loge box are sometimes affect be foot traffic coming and going. Loge box back several rows are good. I have grown partial to the State Street Pavilion Club. Not State Street Pavilion but State Street Pavilion CLUB. I would recommend you stay away from Infield Grandstand and Outfield Grandstand . Just my humble opinion from a few concerts and many ball games. Enjoy the show.
kjosleyn
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Thanks so much for your help!
bossfan
Quarterback
Answered! Go to solution

Just a little add on to Bigbadtom excellent reply.  As a rule Fenway seating is not great for concerts so no matter where you sit you will be far from the stage and if you are in the far left field or right field corners you will have a bad viewing angle to see the stage.  Field box seats are OK, or the State Street Club as Bigbadtom stated.  I have sat in Home Plate Pavilion Club for concerts and they are good although far from the stage. 

For Loge seats Row AA is the first row and as Bigbadtom said you want to be above the major walkway so I would go for Row DD or higher. If you are looking at home plate area seating you will be looking through the protective netting.  Actually protective netting has been added all around the infield area which would mean looking through it in the field box seats.  I have not been to a Fenway concert since MLB started to require the additional netting so you might want to call Fenway and ask if they take down the netting for concerts.  My guess is that they don't but you can call to ask.  Infield and outfield grandstand I wouldn't sit higher than the first few rows, maybe no higher than row 8.  In grandstand you are risking pole obstructions but if you use the excellent Precise Seating for Fenway web site you can drill down on specific seats to see if you will have a pole obsruction.  Keep in mind that the pole obstructions noted on that site is for baseball so you will have to make an educated guess as the concert stage is set up in deep center field in front of bleacher sections 34-36.  With the location of the stage right field boxes and grandstand are closest to the stage.  In right field don't go further right than Field Box 6 or 7, or Loge Box 94 as anything toward the right field corner has a bad angle to the stage.

kjosleyn
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

Thanks so much for your help! I found some perfect seats.
mjhanley23
New User
Answered! Go to solution

Hi!  I have tiskets to the Chili Peppers in Sept.  Seats are HPPC5 (home plate pavilion club).  Do you know if the pavillion club is open during concerts and if HP5 has access?  Thx for any info.

kjosleyn
Stagehand
Answered! Go to solution

We saw Paul McCartney in June and sat in the State Street Club Pavilion, which had access to the pavilion club. They were open two hours before the concert. Some pavilion club seats have a high top bar table and five seats sitting behind the seats and service in your seat. I am not sure if the HPCP specifically has access to the club. Here’s a reference from Fenway about the club seats. You may want to call Fenway and get clarification. The club seats are great for a concert. High up with an unobstructed view we could see all of the concert screens and stage plus the acoustics were very good. Have a fun time! https://www.rateyourseats.com/fenway-park/seating/red-sox-pavilion-club
Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here