cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kramerdj
Team Mascot

Reduced attendance at Santa Clara / Gonzaga game

I've seen press reports that the County has limited attendance to the Santa Clara / Gonzaga game tomorrow (January 15) to 25% capacity.  How can I determine if the tickets I bought through StubHub are some that will be allowed in?  I don't want to drive all the way down there only to be turned away at the door when the person who sold the tickets may have a notification.  Any way to check?  

6 REPLIES 6
TeamStubHub

Re: Reduced attendance at Santa Clara / Gonzaga game

Great question. We are aware that the capacity is being reduced and we've proactively contacted all affected sellers to have them follow up with us if their tickets are invalidated, in which case the order will be cancelled. All buyers who are affected by this change will also be updated via email. If you have not been contacted already, you can assume that the tickets are still valid for the game. 

Jim13
Team Mascot

I read the article announcing the reduction in fans- seems like very narrow group of people will be let in based on the article- I pasted the relevant part below:

“Those allowed to attend will include home and visiting team pass list members, men’s and women’s basketball season ticket holders and 600 Santa Clara students.”

I am planning on NOT driving down given the above since I am none of those categories…
I hope to get a refund for my tickets I purchased… I do t think reasonable to ask to drive over an hour and then turn around and go back if not let in! And miss the game on TV… anyway curious if you have any more info— and I know not a huge event for you guys- so appreciate any update…
kramerdj
Team Mascot

I'm with you 1000% and the lack of communication with the seller is a bit frustrating.  Under this circumstance, isn't it reasonable to require a re-affirmation from the seller or cancel the order?  Simply "assuming" that no response by the seller is a "yes" under these circumstances seems the wrong default.  Even though I don't fall into the categories you've quoted above, could it be be the case that my seller is a season ticket holder, so her tickets are still valid?  Based on the response from StubHub above ("you can assume the tickets are still valid"), and the fact that I wouldn't have recourse if they are valid and I don't show up (after driving an hour down there), I think we're in a position where we are going to go.  

bossfan
Quarterback

Why don't you call the venue and give them your seat location?  They might be able to tell you if your tickets are in the group that is going to be accepted.

kramerdj
Team Mascot

That's a great suggestion, bossfan.  I've tried them a couple times this morning.  They don't seem to be open on weekends, which is frustrating in light of the circumsances, but I'll try a few more times.  

Jim13
Team Mascot

Since the odds are 75 percent chance I won’t get in- I am passing

Shoot- was looking forward to seeing zags in person!
Community Log-In Changes May 1st
We are changing the way you register and sign-in to the StubHub Community. After the switch, you will enter the email address you use to access the community in order to reset your password. You will enter your community username and new password and done!

Read about the changes here